The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Japan Rail Pass
- 5 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 9 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 13 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 14 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 15 Singapore weather in August/September
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Backpacking on a budget
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 24 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 25 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?