The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 International Airlines Pilot By Shekhar Gupta N Niriha Khajanchi
- 2 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 3 Strengthen the daily maintenance of wood floors
- 4 content of good faith floor
- 5 Passport
- 6 connotation. Neoclassic
- 7 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 11 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 14 Hotels in Puri
- 15 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 16 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 17 Amakusa island help
- 18 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 19 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 20 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 21 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 22 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 23 Japan Itinerary
- 24 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 25 Toddler twin travel in India