The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Bakloli MS OFFICE : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 MS 24*7
- 3 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 4 Bali & Singapore in October
- 5 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 6 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 7 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 8 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 9 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 10 Booking on the fly
- 11 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 12 Tea estates of Munnar
- 13 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 14 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 15 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 16 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 17 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 20 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 21 like my food
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Portable wifi rental
- 25 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions