The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 3 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 4 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 5 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 10 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 11 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 12 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Beijing tours
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 17 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 18 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 19 A great trip in India
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 22 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 23 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 24 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 25 Tour Agency Recommendation