The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 2 Road Scholar tour in China
- 3 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 8 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 9 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!