Hello fellow travelers,
Now that I have time to plunge back into planning our family trip to Thailand this summer, I have many questions for anyone with experience. Thank you for the airline tip, I will definitely research the airlines you listed independently to compare airfare. You're right, as of tonight on kayak, the lowest airfare from NYC- Bangkok on Aeroflot for $1200 has really long lay overs in Moscow.
Is it better to go to Thailand in June or August? I've compared airfare prices and it is much cheaper ($300/ per person) to fly in June rather than August. However, I'm concerned about the monsoon season? Unfortunately we can only travel during the summer between June- August.
Also, If we fly in/out of Bangkok, and have about 19 days to spend.. how many days in Bangkok are recommended, then where else and for how long?
These are places have been recommended: Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao or Ko Phi Phi...
We've found that 3-4 locations within 2 1/2 weeks is usually a good match, since we're traveling with our daughter.. more can become really exhausting...
So including Bangkok... where else is recommended to go, limiting it to either 2 (maximum 3) other locations and for how long at each location?
We're looking for a combination of culture, food, shopping, and beach... I know it's a tall order...
Thanks for any help or insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India itinerary critique please
- 2 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 7 Japan/Korea/HK
- 8 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 9 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 10 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 17 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 18 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 19 Mumbai short visit
- 20 which city should i start from first
- 21 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017
- 22 Cultural Festivals of Indonesia
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Camel Safar in Rajastan
- 25 Looking for Hong Kong (HK) Tourism Guide
Hello fellow travelers,