Hello fellow travelers,
Now that I have time to plunge back into planning our family trip to Thailand this summer, I have many questions for anyone with experience. Thank you for the airline tip, I will definitely research the airlines you listed independently to compare airfare. You're right, as of tonight on kayak, the lowest airfare from NYC- Bangkok on Aeroflot for $1200 has really long lay overs in Moscow.
Is it better to go to Thailand in June or August? I've compared airfare prices and it is much cheaper ($300/ per person) to fly in June rather than August. However, I'm concerned about the monsoon season? Unfortunately we can only travel during the summer between June- August.
Also, If we fly in/out of Bangkok, and have about 19 days to spend.. how many days in Bangkok are recommended, then where else and for how long?
These are places have been recommended: Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao or Ko Phi Phi...
We've found that 3-4 locations within 2 1/2 weeks is usually a good match, since we're traveling with our daughter.. more can become really exhausting...
So including Bangkok... where else is recommended to go, limiting it to either 2 (maximum 3) other locations and for how long at each location?
We're looking for a combination of culture, food, shopping, and beach... I know it's a tall order...
Thanks for any help or insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 2 Southern India here we come
- 3 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 4 Georgetown Penang and Java for about 3 weeks in April May or June 2016.
- 5 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 Capsule hotels
- 10 Vaccinations
- 11 a year in burma
- 12 Borneo forest fires
- 13 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 14 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 15 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 16 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 17 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 18 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 19 Bridge players Beware!!
- 20 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 21 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 22 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 23 Chengdu and Beijing
- 24 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 25 2 months in Indonesia
Hello fellow travelers,