Hello fellow travelers,
Now that I have time to plunge back into planning our family trip to Thailand this summer, I have many questions for anyone with experience. Thank you for the airline tip, I will definitely research the airlines you listed independently to compare airfare. You're right, as of tonight on kayak, the lowest airfare from NYC- Bangkok on Aeroflot for $1200 has really long lay overs in Moscow.
Is it better to go to Thailand in June or August? I've compared airfare prices and it is much cheaper ($300/ per person) to fly in June rather than August. However, I'm concerned about the monsoon season? Unfortunately we can only travel during the summer between June- August.
Also, If we fly in/out of Bangkok, and have about 19 days to spend.. how many days in Bangkok are recommended, then where else and for how long?
These are places have been recommended: Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao or Ko Phi Phi...
We've found that 3-4 locations within 2 1/2 weeks is usually a good match, since we're traveling with our daughter.. more can become really exhausting...
So including Bangkok... where else is recommended to go, limiting it to either 2 (maximum 3) other locations and for how long at each location?
We're looking for a combination of culture, food, shopping, and beach... I know it's a tall order...
Thanks for any help or insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바카라 릴게임 ～접 속 : kkn36.com～
- 2 Itinerary Help Japan
- 3 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 7 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 10 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 11 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
Hello fellow travelers,