Hello fellow travelers,
Now that I have time to plunge back into planning our family trip to Thailand this summer, I have many questions for anyone with experience. Thank you for the airline tip, I will definitely research the airlines you listed independently to compare airfare. You're right, as of tonight on kayak, the lowest airfare from NYC- Bangkok on Aeroflot for $1200 has really long lay overs in Moscow.
Is it better to go to Thailand in June or August? I've compared airfare prices and it is much cheaper ($300/ per person) to fly in June rather than August. However, I'm concerned about the monsoon season? Unfortunately we can only travel during the summer between June- August.
Also, If we fly in/out of Bangkok, and have about 19 days to spend.. how many days in Bangkok are recommended, then where else and for how long?
These are places have been recommended: Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao or Ko Phi Phi...
We've found that 3-4 locations within 2 1/2 weeks is usually a good match, since we're traveling with our daughter.. more can become really exhausting...
So including Bangkok... where else is recommended to go, limiting it to either 2 (maximum 3) other locations and for how long at each location?
We're looking for a combination of culture, food, shopping, and beach... I know it's a tall order...
Thanks for any help or insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 3 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 4 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 9 Advice for a newbie!
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 15 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 16 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 19 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 20 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 21 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 22 Hanoi Hotel
- 23 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 24 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 25 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
Hello fellow travelers,