We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 2 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 3 vietnam visa
- 4 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 8 Tokyo daytrip
- 9 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 10 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 11 Trip Report : China
- 12 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 13 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 14 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 15 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 16 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 17 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 18 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 19 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 20 Bali - What to do?
- 21 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 24 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 25 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation