We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Planning
- 2 Backpacking on a budget
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 5 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 6 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 7 Japan rough itinerary
- 8 One night in Osaka
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Japan for Foodies
- 11 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 12 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 13 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 14 Singapore weather in August/September
- 15 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 16 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 23 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 24 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 25 electric plug