We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 (U.S.A)+I8OO:385 :4895 | AOL Mail Tec*h SUPP0RT Number
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Sometahing is wrong
- 7 Twin rooms in Japan
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Change my Itinerary?
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 16 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 17 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 18 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 19 Impressions of India
- 20 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 21 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 22 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan