We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 스위피게임 ▣☆접 속 : vtk19.컴 ▣☆
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 CNX late arrival?
- 7 is this a good travel plan?
- 8 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 9 Phenom Penh
- 10 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 One day in Saigon
- 14 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 15 Bali private driver recommendation
- 16 North India Itinerary advice
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 19 The Indian money crunch.
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 22 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?