We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 2 where to stay in Busan
- 3 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 4 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 5 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 9 First time to India
- 10 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 11 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 12 Thai Jungle Experience
- 13 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 14 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 15 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 16 First time getting out of the country
- 17 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 18 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 21 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?