I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand either this late fall/winter or the following year.
I am brand new on this board. I have been on Fodors Europe for years but have never ventured over to the Asia Board. So, I'm not a rookie traveler but am definitely an Asia rookie.
First things first - which month would be better - November, or January? Is one month much more rainy or humid than another month?
I am not a beach lounger (at least, not for long) but enjoy being outside otherwise - hiking, cycling, photography, exploring.
Any off-the-top of your head thoughts on regions to focus on (probably a two week trip), thoughts on solo travel for someone who is used to solo travel in Europe but has zero background in the Thai language or customs would be nice to hear... I haven't even decided if this will be solo, for sure, but it's at least 50-50 likely.
Many thanks for any thoughts. Even books or websites to seek out would be so helpful.
PS. I should mention I was weighing Cambodia, first, in order to see Angkor Wat, but right now I'm leaning Thailand. I could be persuaded otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 여신 ▣☆접 속 : vtk19.컴 ▣☆
- 2 is this a good travel plan?
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 Phenom Penh
- 6 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 7 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 10 One day in Saigon
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Bali private driver recommendation
- 13 North India Itinerary advice
- 14 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 The Indian money crunch.
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 23 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 24 Kerala trip
- 25 E Visa for India?