I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand either this late fall/winter or the following year.
I am brand new on this board. I have been on Fodors Europe for years but have never ventured over to the Asia Board. So, I'm not a rookie traveler but am definitely an Asia rookie.
First things first - which month would be better - November, or January? Is one month much more rainy or humid than another month?
I am not a beach lounger (at least, not for long) but enjoy being outside otherwise - hiking, cycling, photography, exploring.
Any off-the-top of your head thoughts on regions to focus on (probably a two week trip), thoughts on solo travel for someone who is used to solo travel in Europe but has zero background in the Thai language or customs would be nice to hear... I haven't even decided if this will be solo, for sure, but it's at least 50-50 likely.
Many thanks for any thoughts. Even books or websites to seek out would be so helpful.
PS. I should mention I was weighing Cambodia, first, in order to see Angkor Wat, but right now I'm leaning Thailand. I could be persuaded otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 3 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 4 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 5 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 11 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 16 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 23 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 24 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan