I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand either this late fall/winter or the following year.
I am brand new on this board. I have been on Fodors Europe for years but have never ventured over to the Asia Board. So, I'm not a rookie traveler but am definitely an Asia rookie.
First things first - which month would be better - November, or January? Is one month much more rainy or humid than another month?
I am not a beach lounger (at least, not for long) but enjoy being outside otherwise - hiking, cycling, photography, exploring.
Any off-the-top of your head thoughts on regions to focus on (probably a two week trip), thoughts on solo travel for someone who is used to solo travel in Europe but has zero background in the Thai language or customs would be nice to hear... I haven't even decided if this will be solo, for sure, but it's at least 50-50 likely.
Many thanks for any thoughts. Even books or websites to seek out would be so helpful.
PS. I should mention I was weighing Cambodia, first, in order to see Angkor Wat, but right now I'm leaning Thailand. I could be persuaded otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India Tour Companies
- 2 Vietnam Dong
- 3 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 4 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 5 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 6 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 7 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 8 3 weeks in Japan
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 13 Touristy Thailand
- 14 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 17 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 20 A Victory Day Tour
- 21 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 22 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 25 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa