I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand either this late fall/winter or the following year.
I am brand new on this board. I have been on Fodors Europe for years but have never ventured over to the Asia Board. So, I'm not a rookie traveler but am definitely an Asia rookie.
First things first - which month would be better - November, or January? Is one month much more rainy or humid than another month?
I am not a beach lounger (at least, not for long) but enjoy being outside otherwise - hiking, cycling, photography, exploring.
Any off-the-top of your head thoughts on regions to focus on (probably a two week trip), thoughts on solo travel for someone who is used to solo travel in Europe but has zero background in the Thai language or customs would be nice to hear... I haven't even decided if this will be solo, for sure, but it's at least 50-50 likely.
Many thanks for any thoughts. Even books or websites to seek out would be so helpful.
PS. I should mention I was weighing Cambodia, first, in order to see Angkor Wat, but right now I'm leaning Thailand. I could be persuaded otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 Singapore or Bali
- 3 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 4 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 5 Hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 7 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 8 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 9 Business class on JAL
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 12 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 13 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 14 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 15 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 16 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 17 What beach to choose?!?!
- 18 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 19 Private guides & drivers in China
- 20 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 21 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 22 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 23 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 24 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 25 Traffic in Hanoi