I am contemplating a possible trip to Thailand either this late fall/winter or the following year.
I am brand new on this board. I have been on Fodors Europe for years but have never ventured over to the Asia Board. So, I'm not a rookie traveler but am definitely an Asia rookie.
First things first - which month would be better - November, or January? Is one month much more rainy or humid than another month?
I am not a beach lounger (at least, not for long) but enjoy being outside otherwise - hiking, cycling, photography, exploring.
Any off-the-top of your head thoughts on regions to focus on (probably a two week trip), thoughts on solo travel for someone who is used to solo travel in Europe but has zero background in the Thai language or customs would be nice to hear... I haven't even decided if this will be solo, for sure, but it's at least 50-50 likely.
Many thanks for any thoughts. Even books or websites to seek out would be so helpful.
PS. I should mention I was weighing Cambodia, first, in order to see Angkor Wat, but right now I'm leaning Thailand. I could be persuaded otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Layover in Hong Kong
- 2 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 3 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 4 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 5 Blooming chart in Japan
- 6 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 7 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 8 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 9 4.5 days in Singapore
- 10 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 11 Italy from an Asian base
- 12 Bus service in Nepal
- 13 Travel to India in May?
- 14 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 15 9 days in Bali
- 16 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 17 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 18 Advice for a newbie!
- 19 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 20 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 25 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?