I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 5 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 8 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 9 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 10 Amakusa island help
- 11 Japan Trip Delayed
- 12 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 13 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 14 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 15 Month long SE Asia trip
- 16 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 17 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 18 Cambodia weather
- 19 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 23 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 24 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 25 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?