I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indus Travel - Royal India Tour March 2016
- 2 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 3 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 4 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 5 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 6 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 7 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 8 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 9 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 10 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 11 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 12 Weather in April
- 13 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 14 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 15 Malaysia travel route help!
- 16 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 17 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 18 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 19 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 20 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 21 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 22 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 23 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 best dining in Kyoto