I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seoul and Japan in 3 weeks
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 Buying jewelry in India
- 4 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 5 Hakone accommodation options
- 6 Group (non-private) Tours of South Korea
- 7 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 8 Xi'an advice please
- 9 Visa for India
- 10 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 11 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 12 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 13 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 14 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 15 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 16 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 17 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 18 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 19 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 20 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 21 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 22 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 23 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 24 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 25 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?