I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 2 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 3 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 6 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 7 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 8 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 9 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 10 Nancy Chandler maps
- 11 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 12 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 13 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 14 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 15 Help re. Visa.
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 18 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 19 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 20 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 21 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 22 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 23 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?