I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 2 Kyushu in late September
- 3 My First India Trip
- 4 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 5 Bangkok, day tours.
- 6 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 7 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 8 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 9 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 10 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 11 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 12 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 13 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 14 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 17 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 18 hanoi eats
- 19 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 20 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 21 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 22 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 23 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 24 Castle & King tour questions
- 25 5 days Japan
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?