I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Questions
- 2 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 3 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 4 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 5 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 6 Osaka shopping
- 7 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 8 Takayama ideas in April?
- 9 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 10 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 11 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 12 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 13 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 16 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 17 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 18 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 21 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 22 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 23 Penang
- 24 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 25 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?