I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 2 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 3 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 4 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 5 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 6 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 7 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 8 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 10 One month in Java and Bali
- 11 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 12 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 13 Langkawi
- 14 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 15 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 16 Safety of KKH
- 17 SE Asia Mid October
- 18 Honeymoon - Advice Needed
- 19 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 20 Road trip to Rajasthan
- 21 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 22 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest
- 23 Lantau Island in November - Need your wisdom
- 24 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 25 Vietnam, or ?, Cruise, or ?
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?