I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Golden Triangle Journey - Prominent Tourist Attraction of India
- 2 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 3 Travel to Golden triangle for Unforgettable Holidaying Experience
- 4 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 5 Proposal for extending Russia visa to Vietnam
- 6 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 7 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 8 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 9 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 10 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 11 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 12 China - Personal recommendations
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 14 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 15 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 16 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 17 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 18 Burma river cruise
- 19 china
- 20 Driving in Laos
- 21 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 22 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 23 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Translation Help: Marathi