I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Northern India in June
- 2 Travel Suggestions for the Stans and companions requested
- 3 travel to Kuala Lumpur July 4-12
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 8 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 9 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 10 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 11 China itinerary
- 12 Castle & King tour operator review
- 13 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 14 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 15 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 16 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 17 First trip to Japan
- 18 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 19 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 20 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 21 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 22 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 23 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 24 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 25 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?