I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://fornatgaex.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 2 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 http://supplementranking.com/exoslim/
- 5 http://www.prohealthguides.com/megadrox/
- 6 Local Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 9 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 12 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 13 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 14 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 15 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 16 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 17 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 18 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 19 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 20 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 21 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 22 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 23 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 24 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 25 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?