I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 4 Family Trip to Japan
- 5 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 10 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 11 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 12 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 13 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 14 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 15 New Member
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 18 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 21 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 24 Lodge in Borneo
- 25 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?