I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 2 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 3 Sri Lanka plan
- 4 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 5 Vietnam - September 2015
- 6 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 7 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 8 Beijing
- 9 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 10 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 13 Private guide and driver for India
- 14 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 15 Hong Kong - help please.
- 16 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 17 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 18 Eating in India
- 19 Trekking in India
- 20 Where best to stay in Penang
- 21 Hotel in Hanoi
- 22 17-Day Itinerary
- 23 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 24 Need Help for the itinerary
- 25 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?