I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 2 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 3 Currency in South Korea
- 4 Places to visit in India in October
- 5 Driver in South India
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 8 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 9 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 10 Kyushu rail pass
- 11 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 12 6 full days in Yagoon
- 13 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 14 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 15 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Amphawa Floating Market
- 18 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 19 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 20 Krabi island tours
- 21 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 22 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 23 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 24 Malaysian honeymoon
- 25 itinerary sri lanka please help