I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 2 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 3 Discovering Paradise: fly to Sri Lanka
- 4 Trip to Sri Lanka
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 Three weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 8 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 9 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 10 http://maleenhancementshop.info/vitalpeak-xt/
- 11 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 12 dhttp://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 13 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/kerave-hair-uk/
- 14 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 15 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 19 An island paradise?
- 20 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 21 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 22 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 23 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 24 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 25 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?