I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 2 My visit to Vietnam
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 5 Japn tour 10 nights
- 6 Nepal
- 7 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 8 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 9 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 12 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 13 Gutted!
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 5 weeks in Japan
- 16 My visit to Lao
- 17 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 18 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 21 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 22 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 23 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 24 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 25 New Member
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?