I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 5 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 6 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 7 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 10 My SEA trip - photos update
- 11 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 12 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 13 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 14 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 15 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 18 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 19 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 20 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 21 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 22 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 23 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15
- 24 Are teens dressed in costumes in Harajuku on days other than Sunday?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination