I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Honeymoon in Bali
- 3 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 4 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 5 Jewellery in Singapore
- 6 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 7 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 8 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 9 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 10 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 13 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 14 Train Travel in Thailand
- 15 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 16 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 17 Phuket
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 20 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 21 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 22 Beautiful location for painting
- 23 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 24 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 25 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?