I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthchatboard.com/testoultra/
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 4 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 5 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 12 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 13 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 14 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 15 A great trip in India
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 18 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 19 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 20 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 21 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 22 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 23 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 24 Takayama trail, Japan
- 25 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?