I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 2 Halong Bay cruise
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 5 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 6 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 7 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 8 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 9 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 12 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 13 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 14 Is this crazy?
- 15 In Seoul for one day
- 16 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 17 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 18 India help with where to go
- 19 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 20 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 21 Taxis in Yangon
- 22 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 23 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 24 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 25 Shanghai Tailor?
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?