I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 2 TOKYO tour guide
- 3 Hakone station confusion
- 4 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 5 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 6 Traveling to SE Asia
- 7 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 8 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 9 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 10 1 month in Thailand and??
- 11 Kimballs in Panama
- 12 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 13 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 14 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 15 Visa on Arrival
- 16 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 17 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?
- 18 Flights from Florida to Thailand
- 19 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 20 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 Japan Hakone Free Pass
- 23 Ramayana Ballet
- 24 Tourist killed by elephant in Koh Samui
- 25 Tokyo-subway Rush hours
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?