I've been planning my November itinerary for Thailand for months now and finally feel (hope!) I have zero'd in on a good itinerary.
Having never been there before I am hoping for some feedback on my selections. I can still change things if I needed to. Most importantly, does this itinerary showcase the culture, nature and beauty of Thailand for a first-timer? Or are we headed down the tourist trap route?
We are late 30's/early 40's who love nature, beach, food and relaxation. NOT looking for partying but would enjoy some beachside cocktails with a book and a lovely dinner and walkaround at night. Looking to do a scuba trip as well.
Also, if anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please let me know how you liked them or if there are any things we should be on the lookout for.
BKK 3 nights - stay at the Peninsula
Fly to Phuket and head to Elephant Hills/Rainforest camp in Khao Sak. Spend 3 nights here (has anyone done this? Can you comment? We gave up going to Chiang Mai to do this part of the trip so I want to be sure it's worthwhile.)
Drop off in Kata - 2 nights at Katathani
4 nights - Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi (has anyone stayed on Ko PhiPhi? At this hotel? Would love any feedback.)
1 night BKK - (need a hotel convenient to airport)
Please let me know if this seems to be a good trip for first-time Thailand visit. There seems to be a lot to see and 2 weeks just doesn't seem to be enough!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 2 Short trip to Myanmar
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 ATMs in Japan
- 5 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 6 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 7 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 11 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 12 Mandalay questions
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 15 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 19 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 20 Help - India take 2
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 CNX late arrival?
- 23 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 24 best singapore hotel
- 25 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
Thailand Itinerary - does this work and is will it be a good trip?