Please let me know your experience as far as the "dress" in Thailand for American tourists. When in warm countries, including China, I wear shorts, tank tops and sandels. I've read that even sandels will not be allowed in temples however, the tour company is telling me this is not true. Would like to hear from those who have been there recently. I had read these things about China also but found my dress was acceptable as they are quite accustomed to Westerners.
Thailand Dress Code
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 6 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 7 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 8 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 9 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 10 How safe is Delhi/India
- 11 Malaria
- 12 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 13 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport