Please let me know your experience as far as the "dress" in Thailand for American tourists. When in warm countries, including China, I wear shorts, tank tops and sandels. I've read that even sandels will not be allowed in temples however, the tour company is telling me this is not true. Would like to hear from those who have been there recently. I had read these things about China also but found my dress was acceptable as they are quite accustomed to Westerners.
Thailand Dress Code
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 2 Explorer the wildlife of Jim Corbett National Park
- 3 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 4 Indian visa
- 5 One week in Thailand
- 6 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 7 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 8 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 9 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 10 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 11 Trip to Mt. Merapi and Prambanan Temple, Indonesia
- 12 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 16 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 17 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 18 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 19 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 20 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 21 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 22 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 23 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 24 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 25 Art in Shanghai