My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Thailand & Burma/Myanmar!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 My SEA trip - photos update
- 4 Nepal- recipe?
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 7 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 8 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 9 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 10 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 11 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 12 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 13 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 14 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 15 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 18 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 19 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 20 Connaught Place
- 21 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 22 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 23 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 24 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 25 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do