My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China visa
- 2 Help with choosing guided tour
- 3 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 4 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 5 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 6 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 7 Christmas in Bali
- 8 Christmas in Cambodia
- 9 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 10 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 12 Visa to Beijing China
- 13 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 14 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 15 Hotel in Langkawi
- 16 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 17 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 18 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai
- 19 Japanese Alps
- 20 One month in Java and Bali
- 21 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 22 Visa Application Form
- 23 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 24 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 25 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)