My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 dublin-v-s-kerry-live-gaa-all-ireland-sfc-semi-final-online
- 2 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 3 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 4 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 9 Advice for a newbie!
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 15 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 16 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 17 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 18 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 19 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 20 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 21 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 22 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 23 Hanoi Hotel
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Need help choosing a tour company.