My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Thailand & Burma/Myanmar!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Problems at 12,000'
- 6 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 9 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 10 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 11 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 12 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed