My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 Assist : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 3 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 4 Assist: Tec*h SUPP0RT AVG CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AVG 24*7
- 5 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 8 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 11 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 12 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 13 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 14 Christmas in the Alps
- 15 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 16 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 17 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 18 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 19 Laos or Kerala?
- 20 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 21 Bali & Singapore in October
- 22 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 23 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 24 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 25 Ferry from Selayar to Flores