My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 5 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 6 Mumbai short visit
- 7 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 8 Thailand Guides
- 9 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?