My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 2 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 Spring in Armenia
- 6 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 7 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 8 Private tours in Northern India
- 9 a month in india
- 10 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 11 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 12 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 13 changing left over currency
- 14 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 15 Alternative to Koyasan
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 18 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 19 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 20 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 21 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 22 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 23 Tokyo hotel help
- 24 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 25 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing