My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Thailand & Burma/Myanmar!
- 1 South East Asia
- 2 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 3 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 6 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 7 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 8 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 9 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 10 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 11 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 12 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 13 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 14 Indian Visa
- 15 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 16 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 17 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 18 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 19 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 20 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 21 Magical India
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"