My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Thailand & Burma/Myanmar!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 4 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 5 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 6 Need a guide in Burma?
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 10 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 13 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 14 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 15 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 16 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 17 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 18 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 19 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 20 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea