Thanks to the pillars of this forum, our Thai vacation will begin on Xmas day. So, its BKK, Krabi, & CM. Just a few details that I need help on:
1. Going from the US with camera, iPhone, IPad etc, what electrical accessories do I need? Voltage converter? Plug adapters?
2. Best place to exchange $ to THB: BKK/Suvarnabhumi itself or here in the sweet USA?
3. Good place to get SIM card - someone had mentioned BKK/Suvarnabhumi Airport.
4. My wife's b'day falls during our stay in BKK. Any bakery recommendations on Sukhumvit?
5. Day-trip Excursions in CM: Is the White Temple worth it or just a tacky trap? Elephants are out and so are trips to see rural natives in habitat. Any recommendations other than the national park?
Am trying to hit some of the eating spots featured in the exciting Anthonmy Bourdain documentary. Any restaurant ideas? my sons want to drown themselves in local cuisine.
That;'s it for now. I'm sure there will be a Ch. 2.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 2 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 3 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 4 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 5 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 11 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 16 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 23 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 24 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan