Thanks to the pillars of this forum, our Thai vacation will begin on Xmas day. So, its BKK, Krabi, & CM. Just a few details that I need help on:
1. Going from the US with camera, iPhone, IPad etc, what electrical accessories do I need? Voltage converter? Plug adapters?
2. Best place to exchange $ to THB: BKK/Suvarnabhumi itself or here in the sweet USA?
3. Good place to get SIM card - someone had mentioned BKK/Suvarnabhumi Airport.
4. My wife's b'day falls during our stay in BKK. Any bakery recommendations on Sukhumvit?
5. Day-trip Excursions in CM: Is the White Temple worth it or just a tacky trap? Elephants are out and so are trips to see rural natives in habitat. Any recommendations other than the national park?
Am trying to hit some of the eating spots featured in the exciting Anthonmy Bourdain documentary. Any restaurant ideas? my sons want to drown themselves in local cuisine.
That;'s it for now. I'm sure there will be a Ch. 2.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementschat.com/testo-booster-xs/
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 6 Luggage size China ?
- 7 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 8 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 9 Thai Elephants
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 15 Sri Lanka in August
- 16 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan/Korea/HK
- 19 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 22 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 23 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?