Thanks to the pillars of this forum, our Thai vacation will begin on Xmas day. So, its BKK, Krabi, & CM. Just a few details that I need help on:
1. Going from the US with camera, iPhone, IPad etc, what electrical accessories do I need? Voltage converter? Plug adapters?
2. Best place to exchange $ to THB: BKK/Suvarnabhumi itself or here in the sweet USA?
3. Good place to get SIM card - someone had mentioned BKK/Suvarnabhumi Airport.
4. My wife's b'day falls during our stay in BKK. Any bakery recommendations on Sukhumvit?
5. Day-trip Excursions in CM: Is the White Temple worth it or just a tacky trap? Elephants are out and so are trips to see rural natives in habitat. Any recommendations other than the national park?
Am trying to hit some of the eating spots featured in the exciting Anthonmy Bourdain documentary. Any restaurant ideas? my sons want to drown themselves in local cuisine.
That;'s it for now. I'm sure there will be a Ch. 2.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : SBCGlobal Email SUPP0RT Number +1-8OO:385 :4895 Sbcglobal Mail SUPP0RT
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 4 Christmas in the Alps
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 7 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 13 Idiotic time zone question
- 14 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 15 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 16 Mount Koya
- 17 Sometahing is wrong
- 18 Twin rooms in Japan
- 19 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 20 Change my Itinerary?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 23 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 24 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 25 Impressions of India