I am so surprised at how cheap the plane tickets to Bangkok appear to be right now. Why so cheap for such a long flight?
At any rate, I've never flown Korean Air before but I seem to recall buzz that it's a nice airline. This flight would be one connection only which means long legs - very long.
The longest flights I've done in coach were to Sao Paolo and Buenos Aires from IAD, and, Auckland from Los Angeles. They had to be 12 hours each, give or take. I survived. It wasn't the best night of my life, but I was fine.
I haven't looked into biz class fares to Bangkok yet. What is coach like, on Korean Air? Will it be a better experience than United (which is probably the South American trips airline I used)? Is it somewhat more comfortable to try to sleep in coach on this airline?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 2 The truth about elephant tourism
- 3 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 4 The Indian money crunch.
- 5 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 6 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 7 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 8 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 12 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Kerala trip
- 14 E Visa for India?
- 15 1-2 months South East Asia
- 16 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 17 Help - India.
- 18 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 19 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 20 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 23 Side trips from Taipei
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka