I am soon leaving Tokyo and I am wondering how does it work to get money back from the taxes that I paid while I was traveling in Japan. Whether it is restaurants, food, electronics, clothes, etc.
Does anybody know how this works or where I can get more information on this? I tried making a search in Google but I don't think I know the right keywords because I cannot find a lot of information on this.
I have never done this while traveling, I only heard that it is possible to get your money back from taxes that you paid in certain countries. I wonder if it is possible in Japan or where I can have more information on which countries I can do this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 2 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 3 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 4 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 5 Tokyo daytrip
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 8 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice