we are heading for japan in a couple of months and a friend has recommended that we stay at a ryokan with friends of hers that can guide us in kyoto. my husband is quite leary about sleeping on the floor. he keeps mentioning holiday inns and of course i'm wanting to experience the culture. can anyone give him reasons that he can feel REST assured of comfort?
tatami mats...are they comfortable?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 2 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 3 Help re. Visa.
- 4 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 5 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 6 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 7 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 8 Nancy Chandler maps
- 9 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 10 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 13 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 14 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 15 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 16 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 17 Bangkok and Manila
- 18 What do you think about Western tourist manner?
- 19 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 20 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 21 16 days in Vietnam
- 22 Guide in Bagan?
- 23 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi
- 24 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 25 Dentist