We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hp@ printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Benefits of Online Hotel Booking & Popular Hotel Search Engines
- 3 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 4 Sri Lanka in December
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 7 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 8 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 9 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 10 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 11 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 12 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 13 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 14 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 15 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 16 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Hong Kong
- 19 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 20 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 21 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 22 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 25 Budget Servied Apt