We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Takayama and Ogimachi
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 China in 12 Days
- 5 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 6 language problem in japan
- 7 Nepal
- 8 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 9 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 10 two free days in Beijing
- 11 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 12 April in Bangkok, again!
- 13 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 14 Japan - spending money?
- 15 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 16 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 17 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 18 1st Trip to Bali
- 19 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 20 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 21 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 22 water villages, shanghai
- 23 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 24 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 25 Private Guide in Chiang Mai