We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 2 Dollar traveller cheques
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Halong Bay cruise
- 5 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 8 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 9 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 10 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 11 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 12 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 13 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 14 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 15 Is this crazy?
- 16 In Seoul for one day
- 17 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 18 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 19 India help with where to go
- 20 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 21 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 22 Taxis in Yangon
- 23 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 24 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 25 Jews in China. Who knew?