We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://supplementranking.com/niacinmax/
- 2 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 3 One day in Saigon
- 4 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 9 North India Itinerary advice
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 13 The Indian money crunch.
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Kerala trip
- 22 E Visa for India?
- 23 1-2 months South East Asia
- 24 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 25 Help - India.