We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 게임몽 ● 연결 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 2 릴게임종류 ◐ 도메인 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 4 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Tokyo hotel help
- 7 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 10 Family Friendly Penang
- 11 Train trip costs help please
- 12 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 13 Weather forecast
- 14 Bali - What to do?
- 15 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 16 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 17 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 18 Sri Lanka advice
- 19 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 20 Ryokan in Japan
- 21 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 22 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 23 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 24 Itinerary & airport help
- 25 Dinner spots for solo traveller