We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Takayama and Ogimachi
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 2 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 5 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 6 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 7 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 10 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 11 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 12 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 13 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 14 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 15 Connaught Place
- 16 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 17 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 18 My SEA trip - photos update
- 19 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 20 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 21 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 22 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 23 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 24 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 25 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season