We will be arriving in Takayama from Kamikochi around 2:00pm. Our plan is to see Takayama and Ogimachi (we only have one night for this area), then go to Nagoya by bus leaving Ogimachi at 3:30 the next day.
Here's the problem:
I think we should see the sights in Takayama for 2-3 hrs (most museums etc. close by 5pm) and then spend the night there. The next morning we could go to the market then take the bus to Ogimachi. I think we can see all sights in Ogimachi in about 4-5 hrs. and still enjoy the town.
My friend thinks there's not much to see in Takayama and that we should rush through it in an hour then go to Ogimachi and spend the night there. We might not arrive early enough to have our dinner in a guesthouse, but we will have the whole next day until 3:30 to see the town.
My question is should we spend the night in Takayama or Ogimachi?
Thank you so much for your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 2 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 5 India in March and April??
- 6 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 7 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 8 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 9 Japan- National Holiday
- 10 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Passport
- 13 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 14 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 15 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 16 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 17 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 18 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 19 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 20 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 21 Amakusa island help
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 24 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 25 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.