I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 2 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 3 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 4 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 5 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 6 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 7 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 8 Help! Which to choose?
- 9 North Vietnam Again!
- 10 Castle & King
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 13 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 14 One week in Thailand
- 15 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 16 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 17 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 18 India and Nepal 2014
- 19 Independent female traveller
- 20 Tour company practices
- 21 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 22 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 23 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 24 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 25 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?