I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driving in Laos
- 2 Private car travel in Vietnam
- 3 Transportation from Hoi An to Hue
- 4 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 5 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 6 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 7 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Cheapest and safe alternative for individual transportation
- 10 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 13 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 14 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 15 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 16 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 17 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 18 Malaysian honeymoon
- 19 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 20 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 21 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 22 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 23 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 24 India - 2 Days only
- 25 China with Collette Tours