I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 2 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 3 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 4 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 5 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 11 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 16 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 23 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 24 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan