I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 Vietnam - September 2015
- 3 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 4 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 5 Khao Lak
- 6 Nepal
- 7 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 8 Mongolia tour or independently
- 9 Thailand scenic places and must sees
- 10 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 11 Trip Report - 2 perfect days in New Delhi and driver recommendation
- 12 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 13 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 14 Three days in Bangkok
- 15 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 16 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 17 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 18 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 19 Photos from India!
- 20 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 21 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Myanmar River Cruises
- 24 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 25 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket