I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 17-Day Itinerary
- 2 vietnam transportation
- 3 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Need Help for the itinerary
- 6 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 12 days in Japan
- 11 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 12 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 13 Tigerwalah Experience
- 14 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 15 Where best to stay in Penang
- 16 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 17 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 18 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 21 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 22 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 23 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 24 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 25 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation