I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Family Trip to Japan
- 4 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 5 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Gutted!
- 8 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 9 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 10 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 11 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 12 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 13 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 14 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 15 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 16 New Member
- 17 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 18 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 19 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 20 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 21 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 24 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 25 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!