I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 2 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 3 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 4 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Christmas in the Alps
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 13 Idiotic time zone question
- 14 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 15 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 16 Mount Koya
- 17 Sometahing is wrong
- 18 Twin rooms in Japan
- 19 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 20 Change my Itinerary?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 23 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 24 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 25 Impressions of India