I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 5 introduce myself
- 6 independent travel in India
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 10 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 11 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 15 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 16 Magical India
- 17 geisha performance
- 18 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 19 Trip report China
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa