I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japanese Alps
- 2 One month in Java and Bali
- 3 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 4 Visa Application Form
- 5 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 6 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 7 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 8 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 9 Hotel in Langkawi
- 10 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 11 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 12 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 15 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 16 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 20 Langkawi
- 21 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 22 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 23 Safety of KKH
- 24 SE Asia Mid October
- 25 Honeymoon - Advice Needed