I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rookies in Japan
- 2 changing left over currency
- 3 Taiwan in 7 days
- 4 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 5 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 6 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 7 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 8 Alternative to Koyasan
- 9 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 10 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 13 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 14 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 18 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 19 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 20 Tokyo hotel help
- 21 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 22 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 23 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand