I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 2 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 3 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 4 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 5 Myanmar podcast
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 7 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 10 Burma with a toddler
- 11 Having doubts with China
- 12 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 13 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 14 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 15 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 16 Bali wedding in villa
- 17 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 18 beaches in Thailand
- 19 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 20 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 21 Escorted Tour of Vietnam
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 South Korea, 7th World Water Forum - April 2015
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 Craig and Jeane's Sydney & the Blue Mountains Trip Report is Up