I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Business class on JAL
- 2 What beach to choose?!?!
- 3 Private guides & drivers in China
- 4 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 5 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 6 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 7 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 8 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 9 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 10 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 11 Traffic in Hanoi
- 12 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 13 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 14 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 15 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 16 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 17 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 18 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 19 India group or private tour?
- 20 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 22 HA lounge at HND
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 25 Sri Lanka: Itinerary set - need fine tuning help!