I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 2 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 3 Blooming chart in Japan
- 4 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 5 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 6 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 7 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 8 4.5 days in Singapore
- 9 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 10 Italy from an Asian base
- 11 Bus service in Nepal
- 12 Travel to India in May?
- 13 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 14 9 days in Bali
- 15 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 16 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 17 Advice for a newbie!
- 18 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 19 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 20 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 21 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 25 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses