I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Taiwan in 2 days - Need help planning trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Exploring Thailand
- 2 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 3 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Phuket
- 6 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 7 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 8 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 9 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 10 Destination Bangkok, again
- 11 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 12 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 13 Phones in Asia
- 14 Japan in December
- 15 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 16 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 17 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 18 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 19 India Add-on
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 25 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)