I am visiting Hsinchu,Taiwan for a brief trip and will have 2 free days for sightseeing. I would like to definitely visit Taipei and get a feel for the city. It will be great to get feedback from fellow fodorites so that I can maximize my 2 free days. My rough list of things to see in Taipai are:
1. Longshan Temple
2. National Palace Museum
3. Taipei 101
4. Yangmingshan National Park
5. The Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
6. Shihlin Night Market or Ningxia Night Market
Also, I found a half day bus tour from Taipei covering Jioufen and Northeast coast with english speaking guide. The tour covers Jioufan, Nanya Rock formations, Yin Yang sea, Bitou Cape. Has anyone taken similar bus tours? Also, are tours offered from Hsinchu as starting point (instead of Taipei).
Any suggestions or recommendations for stay, things to see and do are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa for India
- 2 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 3 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 4 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 5 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 6 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 7 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 8 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 9 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 10 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 13 Buying jewelry in India
- 14 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 15 Chiang Mai
- 16 Phuket Weather
- 17 hanoi eats
- 18 Castle & King tour operator review
- 19 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 20 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 21 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 22 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 23 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 24 Mongolia itinerary
- 25 Buying Jewelry in India