I visited Suzhou with a friend from Wuxi. After reaching Suzhou main station, there were lots of local tours offered day trip with moderate price ( 180 yuan) for a visit to 5 attraction sites. All Sites fees were covered and they take you in a nice tour bus. All the draw back is that the guide were speaking Chinese only & lunch was included .
As my friend is Chinese we decided to take to So we decided to take the tour where he can translate what the guide said . we decided to visit Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the most famous Garden in China. Hanshan temple, Feng (Maple bridge) which is very famous throughout China due to this poetry :
""Crows call as the moon falls on a cold night, one is sleepless while looking at maple trees afar and flashing lanterns on fishing boats. The chilly bells of Cold Mountain Temple at midnight on the outskirts Suzhou fly to the passenger boat."
Then continued with FenqQiao old town, Suzhou Silk Museum ( where you can buy nice silk souvenir , and ended walk in Shantang Street with a cruise in Water Canal.
I made short video of the trip below :
Before 6.00 pm the tour dropped as back to the Main station. it was worth the money.
I suggest to those visiting Shanghai & HangZhou, not to miss Suzhou ( 100 km and only less then an hour with G-train from Shanghai), as the city really holds its name as "venice of the east"
Hope it helps
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 6 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 China in june-July
- 11 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 12 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 13 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 14 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 15 Bali - What to do?
- 16 China in July
- 17 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 18 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 19 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 20 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 21 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 24 Being customs
- 25 Itinerary feedback please