I visited Suzhou with a friend from Wuxi. After reaching Suzhou main station, there were lots of local tours offered day trip with moderate price ( 180 yuan) for a visit to 5 attraction sites. All Sites fees were covered and they take you in a nice tour bus. All the draw back is that the guide were speaking Chinese only & lunch was included .
As my friend is Chinese we decided to take to So we decided to take the tour where he can translate what the guide said . we decided to visit Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the most famous Garden in China. Hanshan temple, Feng (Maple bridge) which is very famous throughout China due to this poetry :
""Crows call as the moon falls on a cold night, one is sleepless while looking at maple trees afar and flashing lanterns on fishing boats. The chilly bells of Cold Mountain Temple at midnight on the outskirts Suzhou fly to the passenger boat."
Then continued with FenqQiao old town, Suzhou Silk Museum ( where you can buy nice silk souvenir , and ended walk in Shantang Street with a cruise in Water Canal.
I made short video of the trip below :
Before 6.00 pm the tour dropped as back to the Main station. it was worth the money.
I suggest to those visiting Shanghai & HangZhou, not to miss Suzhou ( 100 km and only less then an hour with G-train from Shanghai), as the city really holds its name as "venice of the east"
Hope it helps
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 5 Phuket Beaches
- 6 India itinerary critique please
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 9 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 13 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 14 Vientiane and ??
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 17 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 18 Himachal Pradesh
- 19 Luggage size China ?
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 Thai Elephants
- 22 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 23 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 24 Sri Lanka in August
- 25 Self-drive in Thailand?