I visited Suzhou with a friend from Wuxi. After reaching Suzhou main station, there were lots of local tours offered day trip with moderate price ( 180 yuan) for a visit to 5 attraction sites. All Sites fees were covered and they take you in a nice tour bus. All the draw back is that the guide were speaking Chinese only & lunch was included .
As my friend is Chinese we decided to take to So we decided to take the tour where he can translate what the guide said . we decided to visit Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the most famous Garden in China. Hanshan temple, Feng (Maple bridge) which is very famous throughout China due to this poetry :
""Crows call as the moon falls on a cold night, one is sleepless while looking at maple trees afar and flashing lanterns on fishing boats. The chilly bells of Cold Mountain Temple at midnight on the outskirts Suzhou fly to the passenger boat."
Then continued with FenqQiao old town, Suzhou Silk Museum ( where you can buy nice silk souvenir , and ended walk in Shantang Street with a cruise in Water Canal.
I made short video of the trip below :
Before 6.00 pm the tour dropped as back to the Main station. it was worth the money.
I suggest to those visiting Shanghai & HangZhou, not to miss Suzhou ( 100 km and only less then an hour with G-train from Shanghai), as the city really holds its name as "venice of the east"
Hope it helps
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set