My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sumatra for 2 weeks in December, we can't wait. We are both bird and nature lovers and we are very excited to get into the rainforest.
Does anyone who has been before have any itinerary suggestions? We realise that since Sumatra is quite large so in order to get the most of what we do see, we should perhaps pick one region of Sumatra.We definitely would like to do some jungle trekking and try to see wild orangutans so we think that the North would probably be our best bet?
We are also very much into hiking, diving etc so any itinerary suggestions would be must appreciated
Any tips as far as safety etc goes would also be much appreciated. We don't know much about volcanoes so how serious is the eruption that took place this weekend and should we avoid the area?
We haven't been able to find a great deal of information on Sumatra so far, but this is part of what makes it so appealing to us.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand