My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sumatra for 2 weeks in December, we can't wait. We are both bird and nature lovers and we are very excited to get into the rainforest.
Does anyone who has been before have any itinerary suggestions? We realise that since Sumatra is quite large so in order to get the most of what we do see, we should perhaps pick one region of Sumatra.We definitely would like to do some jungle trekking and try to see wild orangutans so we think that the North would probably be our best bet?
We are also very much into hiking, diving etc so any itinerary suggestions would be must appreciated
Any tips as far as safety etc goes would also be much appreciated. We don't know much about volcanoes so how serious is the eruption that took place this weekend and should we avoid the area?
We haven't been able to find a great deal of information on Sumatra so far, but this is part of what makes it so appealing to us.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beach hotel Thailand
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 4 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa