My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sumatra for 2 weeks in December, we can't wait. We are both bird and nature lovers and we are very excited to get into the rainforest.
Does anyone who has been before have any itinerary suggestions? We realise that since Sumatra is quite large so in order to get the most of what we do see, we should perhaps pick one region of Sumatra.We definitely would like to do some jungle trekking and try to see wild orangutans so we think that the North would probably be our best bet?
We are also very much into hiking, diving etc so any itinerary suggestions would be must appreciated
Any tips as far as safety etc goes would also be much appreciated. We don't know much about volcanoes so how serious is the eruption that took place this weekend and should we avoid the area?
We haven't been able to find a great deal of information on Sumatra so far, but this is part of what makes it so appealing to us.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip Delayed
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 4 Month long SE Asia trip
- 5 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 6 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 10 Cambodia weather
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 18 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 22 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 23 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 24 Amakusa island help
- 25 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove