My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sumatra for 2 weeks in December, we can't wait. We are both bird and nature lovers and we are very excited to get into the rainforest.
Does anyone who has been before have any itinerary suggestions? We realise that since Sumatra is quite large so in order to get the most of what we do see, we should perhaps pick one region of Sumatra.We definitely would like to do some jungle trekking and try to see wild orangutans so we think that the North would probably be our best bet?
We are also very much into hiking, diving etc so any itinerary suggestions would be must appreciated
Any tips as far as safety etc goes would also be much appreciated. We don't know much about volcanoes so how serious is the eruption that took place this weekend and should we avoid the area?
We haven't been able to find a great deal of information on Sumatra so far, but this is part of what makes it so appealing to us.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Bye bye SE Asia
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 6 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 7 Laos planning.
- 8 Impressions of India
- 9 Japan - costs
- 10 Japan for Foodies
- 11 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 12 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Japan Rail Pass
- 15 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 16 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Sri Lanka May
- 19 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 20 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 21 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 22 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 23 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 24 One night in Osaka
- 25 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017