We are looking to have a short tour of Sri Lanka in late February 2012. I would appreciate any comments on our proposed schedule. We will be getting a car and driver for the entire tour. I am not sure if we could tighten up the schedule to get an extra day at Yala or the beach. Then again we dont want to cut the hill country too short. There is never enough time... Anyway the proposed schedule is:
Day 1 Arrive in morning then at Colombo
Day 2 Anuradhapura ,
Day 3 & 4 Sigiriya Lion Rock , Polonnaruwa, Dabulla Rock Cave Temple
Day 5 & 6 at Kandy city
Day 7 to Nuwaraeliya ( by Train ??)
Day 8 Walk to Worlds End
Day 9 Ella
Walk to Little Adams Peak
Then to Yala
Day 10 Yala and Yala National Park
Day 11 & 12 Unawatuna Beach stay
Day 13 Return to Colombo
Day 14 Depart
Suggestions regarding our proposed Sri Lanka tour schedule
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 2 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 3 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 4 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 5 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 6 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 7 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 8 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 9 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 12 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 13 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 17 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 18 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 19 Kashmir today
- 20 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 21 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 22 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 23 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 24 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 25 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala