We are looking to have a short tour of Sri Lanka in late February 2012. I would appreciate any comments on our proposed schedule. We will be getting a car and driver for the entire tour. I am not sure if we could tighten up the schedule to get an extra day at Yala or the beach. Then again we dont want to cut the hill country too short. There is never enough time... Anyway the proposed schedule is:
Day 1 Arrive in morning then at Colombo
Day 2 Anuradhapura ,
Day 3 & 4 Sigiriya Lion Rock , Polonnaruwa, Dabulla Rock Cave Temple
Day 5 & 6 at Kandy city
Day 7 to Nuwaraeliya ( by Train ??)
Day 8 Walk to Worlds End
Day 9 Ella
Walk to Little Adams Peak
Then to Yala
Day 10 Yala and Yala National Park
Day 11 & 12 Unawatuna Beach stay
Day 13 Return to Colombo
Day 14 Depart
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 2 Japan trip- itinerary
- 3 Synthetic Hotel Furniture
- 4 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 5 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 8 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 9 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 10 Halong Bay cruise
- 11 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 12 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 13 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 14 Is this crazy?
- 15 In Seoul for one day
- 16 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 17 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 18 India help with where to go
- 19 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 20 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 21 Taxis in Yangon
- 22 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 23 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 24 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 25 Shanghai Tailor?
Suggestions regarding our proposed Sri Lanka tour schedule