We are looking to have a short tour of Sri Lanka in late February 2012. I would appreciate any comments on our proposed schedule. We will be getting a car and driver for the entire tour. I am not sure if we could tighten up the schedule to get an extra day at Yala or the beach. Then again we dont want to cut the hill country too short. There is never enough time... Anyway the proposed schedule is:
Day 1 Arrive in morning then at Colombo
Day 2 Anuradhapura ,
Day 3 & 4 Sigiriya Lion Rock , Polonnaruwa, Dabulla Rock Cave Temple
Day 5 & 6 at Kandy city
Day 7 to Nuwaraeliya ( by Train ??)
Day 8 Walk to Worlds End
Day 9 Ella
Walk to Little Adams Peak
Then to Yala
Day 10 Yala and Yala National Park
Day 11 & 12 Unawatuna Beach stay
Day 13 Return to Colombo
Day 14 Depart
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Road Scholar tour in China
- 7 Being customs
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 10 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 11 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 12 Tips in Myanmar
- 13 myanmar
- 14 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 15 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 18 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 19 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 20 A beach of choice on Samui
- 21 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 22 Travel India solo
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 25 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
Suggestions regarding our proposed Sri Lanka tour schedule