Hi SEA experts,
DH and I, newly retired, will be taking a Viking river cruise in Burma, beginning Dec. 17 in BKK.
We've decided to spend some time in north and central VN before the river cruise. (We have been to HCMC.) I know where we want to go, but am at a loss as to what would be a reasonable amount of time to spend in each place. We are not overly constrained with time limitations.
My early thoughts:
--Fly into Hanoi, spend 4 nights there. See museums, Old Quarter, Temple of Literature
--Fly to Hue, 4 nights - citadel, tombs, day trip to DMZ for DH.
--car & driver to Hoi An, 3 nights - old quarter architecture, temples
--car & driver to Danang , 2 nights - Cham ruins.
--fly Danang to Hanoi, Hanoi to BKK.
I know we are skipping some wonderful places (Ha Long Bay, Sapa, etc.), but weather may be an issue in Dec.
What do you think about the time I've allocated? Any other sights not to be missed?
I'm thinking of contacting Tonkin Tours to arrange the transportation. Any experience using them? I have seen them mentioned favorably on this forum.
Can I apply for our visas before I know our exact arrival date in VN?
Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 Kumakaron
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 China in june-July
- 13 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 16 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 China in July
- 19 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 20 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
Hi SEA experts,