I bought some cheap flights to Japan. I fly in and out of Tokyo and have 17 days.
This is my 2nd time in Japan. The first time I spent a good amount of time in Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Takayama and Matsumoto. Im looking for any tips for a new and different schedule. We are a couple in 30s who enjoy eating, history and nature. Happy to mix big crazy cities like Tokyo and some smaller places (loved Takayama.)
Here's my initial thoughts:
Tokyo - 4 days
Fuji Five Lakes - 2 days
Hakone - 3 days
Osaka - 3 days
Kobe/Himeji - 2 days.
That leaves a bit of time for another place or 2. Some thoughts are Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Wakayama.
As much as Id love to get down to Naqasaki, it seems like a waste of 8 hours to train there and back from Osaka when there are so many places to see in Japan.
Any thoughts, or places that you have been and loved?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 2 Mumbai short visit
- 3 MUMBAI/Dharavi-slum tours-Reality Tours
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Anybody would like to visit AAA 2018 with me?
- 7 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 10 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 Sri Lanka in August
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 15 India itinerary critique please
- 16 Japan/Korea/HK
- 17 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 20 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 21 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)