I bought some cheap flights to Japan. I fly in and out of Tokyo and have 17 days.
This is my 2nd time in Japan. The first time I spent a good amount of time in Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Takayama and Matsumoto. Im looking for any tips for a new and different schedule. We are a couple in 30s who enjoy eating, history and nature. Happy to mix big crazy cities like Tokyo and some smaller places (loved Takayama.)
Here's my initial thoughts:
Tokyo - 4 days
Fuji Five Lakes - 2 days
Hakone - 3 days
Osaka - 3 days
Kobe/Himeji - 2 days.
That leaves a bit of time for another place or 2. Some thoughts are Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Wakayama.
As much as Id love to get down to Naqasaki, it seems like a waste of 8 hours to train there and back from Osaka when there are so many places to see in Japan.
Any thoughts, or places that you have been and loved?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 나눔로또 파워볼 ▣ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 3 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 First time to India
- 6 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 9 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 10 First time getting out of the country
- 11 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 12 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 13 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 16 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 17 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 18 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 19 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 20 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 21 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 22 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 23 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 24 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 25 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc