I bought some cheap flights to Japan. I fly in and out of Tokyo and have 17 days.
This is my 2nd time in Japan. The first time I spent a good amount of time in Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Takayama and Matsumoto. Im looking for any tips for a new and different schedule. We are a couple in 30s who enjoy eating, history and nature. Happy to mix big crazy cities like Tokyo and some smaller places (loved Takayama.)
Here's my initial thoughts:
Tokyo - 4 days
Fuji Five Lakes - 2 days
Hakone - 3 days
Osaka - 3 days
Kobe/Himeji - 2 days.
That leaves a bit of time for another place or 2. Some thoughts are Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Wakayama.
As much as Id love to get down to Naqasaki, it seems like a waste of 8 hours to train there and back from Osaka when there are so many places to see in Japan.
Any thoughts, or places that you have been and loved?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Vietnam visa debate
- 5 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 6 Vietnam visa
- 7 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand