I bought some cheap flights to Japan. I fly in and out of Tokyo and have 17 days.
This is my 2nd time in Japan. The first time I spent a good amount of time in Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Takayama and Matsumoto. Im looking for any tips for a new and different schedule. We are a couple in 30s who enjoy eating, history and nature. Happy to mix big crazy cities like Tokyo and some smaller places (loved Takayama.)
Here's my initial thoughts:
Tokyo - 4 days
Fuji Five Lakes - 2 days
Hakone - 3 days
Osaka - 3 days
Kobe/Himeji - 2 days.
That leaves a bit of time for another place or 2. Some thoughts are Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Wakayama.
As much as Id love to get down to Naqasaki, it seems like a waste of 8 hours to train there and back from Osaka when there are so many places to see in Japan.
Any thoughts, or places that you have been and loved?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beijing tours
- 2 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 9 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 16 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 17 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Takayama trail, Japan
- 21 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 22 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 23 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 24 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.