I just booked my flights for our trip to Southeast Asia and Australia for November and December of this year. On my return flight to the U.S., I'll be transiting Tokyo for approximately 24 hours. In my prior visit to Tokyo, I visited many of the major sights and especially enjoyed the Asakusa neighborhood, Hama Rikyu Gardens, and Edo-Tokyo Museum. I'm looking for suggestions of any hidden gems in the city that's not on a typical tourist's itinerary. I really enjoy temples and gardens. Arigato gozaimasu.
Suggestions for a Quick Stopover in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 3 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 4 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 5 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 7 help with itinerary!
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Having doubts with China
- 10 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 11 Christmas Time in India
- 12 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 13 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 14 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 15 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 16 Myanmar podcast
- 17 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 18 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 19 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 20 Burma with a toddler
- 21 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 22 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 23 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 24 Bali wedding in villa
- 25 beaches in Thailand