I just booked my flights for our trip to Southeast Asia and Australia for November and December of this year. On my return flight to the U.S., I'll be transiting Tokyo for approximately 24 hours. In my prior visit to Tokyo, I visited many of the major sights and especially enjoyed the Asakusa neighborhood, Hama Rikyu Gardens, and Edo-Tokyo Museum. I'm looking for suggestions of any hidden gems in the city that's not on a typical tourist's itinerary. I really enjoy temples and gardens. Arigato gozaimasu.
Suggestions for a Quick Stopover in Tokyo?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 2 Trip report China
- 3 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 4 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 5 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 6 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 7 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 10 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 11 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 12 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 13 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 14 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 15 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 16 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 17 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 18 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 19 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 20 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 21 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 22 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 23 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 24 Anyone in Bangkok
- 25 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?