I'm at the beginning of arranging my first month long trip to India in November.
After researching various areas I am keen to visit as many places as I can, but still to remain sensible in terms of appreciating those places before moving on.
Generally speaking, I'm looking to fly into Delhi and explore Rajasthan (and it's many iconic cultural sites), travel up to Punjab (namely to see the Golden Temple and border, with a stop to Shimla on the way may maximise that travel?) , next to Mumbai for a few days, then onto the South (to experience the backwaters, rice paddies and tea plantations), with a stop off in Goa (for the beaches) on the way down.
With this in mind, I would therefore I would appreciate your feedback with the initial ideas around itinerary and ask for your honest feedback on:
a) The destinations I have chosen
b) The order of my travel
c) The volume of destinations in the trip
d) General tips and advice
Days 1-9 - Delhi + Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur
Days 10-13 - Shimla? and Amritsar
Days 14-17 - Mumbai
Days 18-23 - Goa (South)
Days 24-31 - Thiruvananthapuram, Varkala, Alappuzha, Kochi and Munnar
Day 32 - Travel home
I plan to maximise a variety of travel options:
- Several internal flights to cut down on travel time from North> East> South
- Train travel
- Car and driver (where recommended)
With your feedback, I will be able to make amendments/ choices/ further thinking where necessary start to move onto planning the more finite details needed.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi private guide
- 2 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 3 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 8 November Onsen
- 9 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 10 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 11 Thai Elephants
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Mumbai short visit
- 14 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 21 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 22 Thailand Guides
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 24 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 25 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)