I'm at the beginning of arranging my first month long trip to India in November.
After researching various areas I am keen to visit as many places as I can, but still to remain sensible in terms of appreciating those places before moving on.
Generally speaking, I'm looking to fly into Delhi and explore Rajasthan (and it's many iconic cultural sites), travel up to Punjab (namely to see the Golden Temple and border, with a stop to Shimla on the way may maximise that travel?) , next to Mumbai for a few days, then onto the South (to experience the backwaters, rice paddies and tea plantations), with a stop off in Goa (for the beaches) on the way down.
With this in mind, I would therefore I would appreciate your feedback with the initial ideas around itinerary and ask for your honest feedback on:
a) The destinations I have chosen
b) The order of my travel
c) The volume of destinations in the trip
d) General tips and advice
Days 1-9 - Delhi + Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur
Days 10-13 - Shimla? and Amritsar
Days 14-17 - Mumbai
Days 18-23 - Goa (South)
Days 24-31 - Thiruvananthapuram, Varkala, Alappuzha, Kochi and Munnar
Day 32 - Travel home
I plan to maximise a variety of travel options:
- Several internal flights to cut down on travel time from North> East> South
- Train travel
- Car and driver (where recommended)
With your feedback, I will be able to make amendments/ choices/ further thinking where necessary start to move onto planning the more finite details needed.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would you weigh in on 1st-timer's rough itinerary?
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 where to stay in Busan
- 5 First time to India
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 8 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR