A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Students in SE Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 2 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 4 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 7 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 10 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 11 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 15 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 16 Myanmar - some questions
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 19 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 20 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 21 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 23 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 24 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 25 Phuket and surrounding areas