A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 4 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 5 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 6 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 7 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 8 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 9 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 10 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 11 Myanmar Help
- 12 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 13 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 14 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help
- 16 Hotel in Tokyo
- 17 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 18 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 19 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 20 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 21 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 22 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 23 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 24 Vietnam - September 2015
- 25 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?