A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Students in SE Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaysian honeymoon
- 2 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 3 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 4 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 5 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 6 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 7 Travel during China national week?
- 8 My trip report from the Philippines
- 9 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 10 China with Collette Tours
- 11 Exploring Thailand
- 12 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 13 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 14 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 15 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 16 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 17 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 18 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 19 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 20 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 21 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 22 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 23 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?
- 24 Japan in December
- 25 Places to visit in India in October