A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 3 weeks itinerary China
- 4 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 5 Yangon Made Easy
- 6 hanoi eats
- 7 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 8 A train ride through Java
- 9 JAPANiCAN.com
- 10 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 11 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 12 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 13 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 14 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 15 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 16 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 17 New Delhi - What to see?
- 18 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 19 Travel in Kyushu.
- 20 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 21 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 22 Bicycle riding required?
- 23 Castle & King tour questions
- 24 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 25 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia