A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Students in SE Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 4 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 5 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 6 Travel Insurance
- 7 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 8 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 9 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 10 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 11 china beijing expertise education
- 12 Avoid China Foreign Teacher Job Recruiter Scams With CFTU White Lists...
- 13 best dining in Kyoto
- 14 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 15 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 16 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 17 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 18 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 19 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 20 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 21 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 22 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 25 Bungalow advice at tea trails