A friend and I are going to Vietnam in November to complete a 6 week placement in Hanoi. We're hoping to take in the city on weekends and take a couple short weekend trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Afterwards, we have 3 weeks to travel freely before heading back to school. We were thinking of spending some time traveling south through Vietnam and then maybe taking in Cambodia, Laos, and/or Thailand. We know it's not enough time to see ALL of these places, but any insight on places in Vietnam or elsewhere to focus our time would be greatly appreciated!
Students in SE Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 Angkor - when to go?
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 9 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 10 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 India with 4 kids
- 13 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation