It has been suggested to me to visit Niju-Jo (opens 8:45 am) and then taxi to Arashiyama. So it would likely be 11:30 or noon when we arrive. I'm thinking that the taxi should take us directly to Adashino Nenbutsu-ji and then we can walk to Tenryu-ji and backtrack to the Torokko station, take the scenic Sagano line to Saga and then return to the Hyatt via train or taxi. Does this make sense or are the distances too great? Are there jinriskas or taxis around to speed up the trip, if it is getting late?
Still Trying to Figure out Sagano/Arashiyama
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 2 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 3 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 4 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 5 2-3 days in Georgia
- 6 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 7 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 8 Japan in July?
- 9 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 10 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 11 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 12 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 15 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 18 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 21 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 22 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 23 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 24 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 25 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand