It has been suggested to me to visit Niju-Jo (opens 8:45 am) and then taxi to Arashiyama. So it would likely be 11:30 or noon when we arrive. I'm thinking that the taxi should take us directly to Adashino Nenbutsu-ji and then we can walk to Tenryu-ji and backtrack to the Torokko station, take the scenic Sagano line to Saga and then return to the Hyatt via train or taxi. Does this make sense or are the distances too great? Are there jinriskas or taxis around to speed up the trip, if it is getting late?
Still Trying to Figure out Sagano/Arashiyama
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Help where to invest little money
- 3 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 4 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 5 how choose an houseboat or cruice ?
- 6 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 7 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 8 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 9 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 10 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 11 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 12 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 13 Myanmar - some questions
- 14 July itinerary in Japan
- 15 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 16 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 17 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 18 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 19 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 20 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 22 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 23 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 24 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 25 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter