It has been suggested to me to visit Niju-Jo (opens 8:45 am) and then taxi to Arashiyama. So it would likely be 11:30 or noon when we arrive. I'm thinking that the taxi should take us directly to Adashino Nenbutsu-ji and then we can walk to Tenryu-ji and backtrack to the Torokko station, take the scenic Sagano line to Saga and then return to the Hyatt via train or taxi. Does this make sense or are the distances too great? Are there jinriskas or taxis around to speed up the trip, if it is getting late?
Still Trying to Figure out Sagano/Arashiyama
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 3 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 4 Photos from India!
- 5 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 8 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 9 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 10 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 11 Myanmar River Cruises
- 12 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 13 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 How to handle cash in Japan
- 16 Great Wall hike
- 17 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 18 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 Six days in Hong Kong
- 21 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 22 Storing photos while traveling
- 23 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 24 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 25 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?