It has been suggested to me to visit Niju-Jo (opens 8:45 am) and then taxi to Arashiyama. So it would likely be 11:30 or noon when we arrive. I'm thinking that the taxi should take us directly to Adashino Nenbutsu-ji and then we can walk to Tenryu-ji and backtrack to the Torokko station, take the scenic Sagano line to Saga and then return to the Hyatt via train or taxi. Does this make sense or are the distances too great? Are there jinriskas or taxis around to speed up the trip, if it is getting late?
Still Trying to Figure out Sagano/Arashiyama
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Magical India
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 5 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 8 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Trip report China
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 15 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 16 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 17 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 18 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 23 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 24 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 25 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!