We are taking the small people to Sth Asia for 2-3 weeks next year and are trying to get a itinerary sorted out.
Pertinent details/Bones of a plan:
* Arrive Singapore 2 June - Depart Singapore 19 June
* Children will be 6 & 8
*Are going to the new LegoLand in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for 1-2 days so I guess it makes sense to do this at the beginning or end of the holiday.
* Want to do a beach chill out for 5 nites or so (we really enjoyed the low key experience at Dolphin Bay, just outside of Hua Hin in Thailand as a reference point)
*Would like to do a Jungle experience - Elephants/Primates etc for 3-4 days
* Want to do Zoo,Butterfly Park, Bird Park, kid friendly type stuff (KL or Singapore, both?) for 3-4 days
* Had originally penciled in Viet Nam as core country but now also thinking Malaysia or Indo, or possibly Thailand again but have been there a few times.
* Want to do a foodie thing as all are Asian food enthusiasts
* Kids are on board we need to limit the hard travel options and see natural air hubs with our bare bones itinerary being (so far!) Singapore, Senai (near Legoland).
* Budget is mid range although would consider one splurge venue
* Parents used to backpack so aren't too worried about going off-piste as long as it's safe and worthwhile.
Any and all ideas are gratefully accepted!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi-SR-LP ?
- 2 Six weeks in Mongolia Early Planning
- 3 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 4 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 5 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 6 Yunnan to Guilin
- 7 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 8 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 9 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 10 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 11 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 13 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 14 where can I buy IASO?
- 15 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 16 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 17 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 18 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 19 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 20 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 21 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 22 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 23 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 24 Bagan must see with a guide
- 25 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight