We are taking the small people to Sth Asia for 2-3 weeks next year and are trying to get a itinerary sorted out.
Pertinent details/Bones of a plan:
* Arrive Singapore 2 June - Depart Singapore 19 June
* Children will be 6 & 8
*Are going to the new LegoLand in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for 1-2 days so I guess it makes sense to do this at the beginning or end of the holiday.
* Want to do a beach chill out for 5 nites or so (we really enjoyed the low key experience at Dolphin Bay, just outside of Hua Hin in Thailand as a reference point)
*Would like to do a Jungle experience - Elephants/Primates etc for 3-4 days
* Want to do Zoo,Butterfly Park, Bird Park, kid friendly type stuff (KL or Singapore, both?) for 3-4 days
* Had originally penciled in Viet Nam as core country but now also thinking Malaysia or Indo, or possibly Thailand again but have been there a few times.
* Want to do a foodie thing as all are Asian food enthusiasts
* Kids are on board we need to limit the hard travel options and see natural air hubs with our bare bones itinerary being (so far!) Singapore, Senai (near Legoland).
* Budget is mid range although would consider one splurge venue
* Parents used to backpack so aren't too worried about going off-piste as long as it's safe and worthwhile.
Any and all ideas are gratefully accepted!
Sth Asia with 2 kids in June '13 - Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nancy Chandler maps
- 2 Clothing needs
- 3 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 4 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 5 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 6 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 7 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 8 Mekong River Cruises
- 9 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 10 16 days in Vietnam
- 11 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 12 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 13 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 14 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 15 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 16 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 17 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 18 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 19 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 20 Help re. Visa.
- 21 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 22 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 23 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 24 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 25 Ranthambore - where to stay?