My sisters and I are planning a girl's trip to Thailand next month.. We spend a couple of days in Bangkok and were thinking of making our way to Krabi/Koh Samui for a few days after that. Koh Samui air tickets are just so expensive! So I am thinking of splitting our time between Krabi and Phi Phi Don. Here are my concerns:
a) Weather wise, I believe that Koh Samui / Koh Tao are better in August. I am told Krabi and Phi Phi are low season right now and can be pretty rainy/windy.. Is that true? If yes, then is there any other alternative way which is cheaper and comfortable to head to Koh Samui?
b) Is Phi Phi still worth it? I read so many posts about the day trippers from Phuket crowding it out and the mess and the cheesy tourism that has mushroomed thanks to the movie "the beach". I definitely do not want to do just a day trip to Phi Phi - As its a girly trip, we want to stay some where safe and yet fun.. Motto being sun, fun and rum!
c) If Phi Phi is recommended as a fun place to stay, which area should we book ourselves in? Tonsai Bay / Village does not sound so appealing. Yet we want to be able to walk back to our places safely in the night from where ever we spend the evening on the Island.
Any other tips/suggestions in this regard?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 Most Common Questions Asked By Overseas Travelers
- 2 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 3 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 6 Traffic and Police in India
- 7 Serendipity Srilanka
- 8 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 9 New Thai Visa
- 10 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 New Years in Japan
- 13 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 14 Sri Lanka in December
- 15 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 16 january 31 in colombo
- 17 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 18 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 19 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 20 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 21 3 weeks in Japan
- 22 A first time for everything in Japan
- 23 India Tour Companies
- 24 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 25 Tokyo-to do and districts