My sisters and I are planning a girl's trip to Thailand next month.. We spend a couple of days in Bangkok and were thinking of making our way to Krabi/Koh Samui for a few days after that. Koh Samui air tickets are just so expensive! So I am thinking of splitting our time between Krabi and Phi Phi Don. Here are my concerns:
a) Weather wise, I believe that Koh Samui / Koh Tao are better in August. I am told Krabi and Phi Phi are low season right now and can be pretty rainy/windy.. Is that true? If yes, then is there any other alternative way which is cheaper and comfortable to head to Koh Samui?
b) Is Phi Phi still worth it? I read so many posts about the day trippers from Phuket crowding it out and the mess and the cheesy tourism that has mushroomed thanks to the movie "the beach". I definitely do not want to do just a day trip to Phi Phi - As its a girly trip, we want to stay some where safe and yet fun.. Motto being sun, fun and rum!
c) If Phi Phi is recommended as a fun place to stay, which area should we book ourselves in? Tonsai Bay / Village does not sound so appealing. Yet we want to be able to walk back to our places safely in the night from where ever we spend the evening on the Island.
Any other tips/suggestions in this regard?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Vietnam visa debate
- 5 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 6 Vietnam visa
- 7 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand