My sisters and I are planning a girl's trip to Thailand next month.. We spend a couple of days in Bangkok and were thinking of making our way to Krabi/Koh Samui for a few days after that. Koh Samui air tickets are just so expensive! So I am thinking of splitting our time between Krabi and Phi Phi Don. Here are my concerns:
a) Weather wise, I believe that Koh Samui / Koh Tao are better in August. I am told Krabi and Phi Phi are low season right now and can be pretty rainy/windy.. Is that true? If yes, then is there any other alternative way which is cheaper and comfortable to head to Koh Samui?
b) Is Phi Phi still worth it? I read so many posts about the day trippers from Phuket crowding it out and the mess and the cheesy tourism that has mushroomed thanks to the movie "the beach". I definitely do not want to do just a day trip to Phi Phi - As its a girly trip, we want to stay some where safe and yet fun.. Motto being sun, fun and rum!
c) If Phi Phi is recommended as a fun place to stay, which area should we book ourselves in? Tonsai Bay / Village does not sound so appealing. Yet we want to be able to walk back to our places safely in the night from where ever we spend the evening on the Island.
Any other tips/suggestions in this regard?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NORTON Tec^h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Antivirus Remove Reedit 24*7
- 2 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 3 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 4 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Hong Kong
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 13 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 Terracotta Warriors
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 18 hiking japan sept
- 19 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 20 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 21 The best way to My Son
- 22 Japan Itinerary!
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 25 trying to fathom Chinese train travel