I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Stay away from porters/guides - Bharat and Tekanan Amgai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 EBC in May Prep
- 2 17 year olds traveling to Thailand
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 The Golden Land - Adventures in Myanmar
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 Revised Itinerary - feedback please
- 8 Hampi & Badami: Exploring the Vijaynagar and Chalukya empires.
- 9 Dubai and Thailand - Bangkok
- 10 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 11 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 12 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 13 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 14 Things to do in Delhi
- 15 Traveling to Burma in April
- 16 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 17 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 18 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 19 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 20 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 21 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 22 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 23 JAVA & GILI ISLANDS: Trip Recap + Tips
- 24 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 25 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?