I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Stay away from porters/guides - Bharat and Tekanan Amgai
- 1 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 2 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 3 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 4 Magical India
- 5 geisha performance
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 11 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 12 Trip report China
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 15 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 16 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 17 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 18 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 19 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 20 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 23 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 24 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 25 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain