I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Osaka, aquarium?
- 5 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 9 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 10 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 20 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 21 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 22 A month in central Asia
- 23 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur