I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy test-free TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, GRE....(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 5 Japan - costs
- 6 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 7 Japan Rail Pass
- 8 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 9 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 10 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 11 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 12 Sri Lanka May
- 13 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 14 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 15 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Laos planning.
- 18 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 19 Japan for Foodies
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July