I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/max-muscle-t1000/
- 2 vietnam visa
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Getting a Tote from Thailand-JFK
- 5 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Japan / Korea Trip
- 8 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 9 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 10 Taiwan confusion..
- 11 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 12 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Tokyo daytrip
- 16 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 17 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 18 Trip Report : China
- 19 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 20 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 21 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 22 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 23 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback