I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.skinliftsup.com/rejuvaessence
- 2 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 3 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 4 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 5 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 8 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 9 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 10 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 11 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 12 November, March, June... Japan?
- 13 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 Silk Road Tour - China
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary