I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Stay away from porters/guides - Bharat and Tekanan Amgai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Japan night bus
- 6 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 7 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 8 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 13 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 14 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 17 Japan, japan
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala