I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Thai Elephants
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Sri Lanka in August
- 5 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 6 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan/Korea/HK
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Impressions of India
- 17 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 21 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 22 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 23 Mumbai short visit
- 24 which city should i start from first
- 25 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017