I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Stay away from porters/guides - Bharat and Tekanan Amgai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Need a guide in Burma?
- 6 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 7 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 8 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 9 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 10 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 11 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 14 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 15 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 16 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea