I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Stay away from porters/guides - Bharat and Tekanan Amgai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 2 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 3 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 4 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 5 2nd location on the beach
- 6 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 7 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 8 Thailand - Food recos
- 9 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 Thailand Hotel
- 12 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 13 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 14 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 15 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 16 vietnam and laos
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 19 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 20 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 21 5 nights in Japan.
- 22 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 23 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 24 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 25 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita