The big responsiblity of planning a trip for about 7 to 8 of my friends (including me) lies with me. We are planning to travel late SEPTEMBER or EARLY OCTOBER for about 7-9 days. We are travelling from India and are looking forward for our first oversees holiday.
We are not a big budget ideally about 20,000 to 30,000 Indian rupees per person.
The first dilemma is If we should do Srilanka or Thailand. We are not very adventorous, but like a good party scene. We have already dived once in India but would love to do it in clearer waters. Beach is always a delight to us, but we are not dettered by cold weather too.
I read a few topics were it was said Thailand in September is the worst time to travel. And also that there is not much to do in Srilanka. Can you please help us out in this regard. We are bunch of 25 year olds looking for a great first oversees trip. Please help us out.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 2 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 3 Tiger Temple
- 4 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 5 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 6 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 7 Driving in Japan
- 8 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 9 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 10 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 13 First time trip to Japan questions
- 14 Laos in the end of June
- 15 Japan & WiFi
- 16 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 17 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 18 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 19 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 20 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 21 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 22 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 23 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 24 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 25 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
Srilanka or Thailand in Late September or Early October for a week