The big responsiblity of planning a trip for about 7 to 8 of my friends (including me) lies with me. We are planning to travel late SEPTEMBER or EARLY OCTOBER for about 7-9 days. We are travelling from India and are looking forward for our first oversees holiday.
We are not a big budget ideally about 20,000 to 30,000 Indian rupees per person.
The first dilemma is If we should do Srilanka or Thailand. We are not very adventorous, but like a good party scene. We have already dived once in India but would love to do it in clearer waters. Beach is always a delight to us, but we are not dettered by cold weather too.
I read a few topics were it was said Thailand in September is the worst time to travel. And also that there is not much to do in Srilanka. Can you please help us out in this regard. We are bunch of 25 year olds looking for a great first oversees trip. Please help us out.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 2 New Years in Japan
- 3 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 4 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 5 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 6 Sri Lanka in December
- 7 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 8 New Thai Visa
- 9 january 31 in colombo
- 10 Serendipity Srilanka
- 11 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Traffic and Police in India
- 14 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 15 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 16 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 3 weeks in Japan
- 19 A first time for everything in Japan
- 20 India Tour Companies
- 21 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 22 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 23 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 24 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 25 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
Srilanka or Thailand in Late September or Early October for a week