I am travelling to sri lanka in february for close to 20 days. i have been to India a couple of times and other asian countries. My questions are these: do i really need a car and driver to tour around the country and if so, for all of the tour, or do you recommend it for only part. Also, what is the scoop with booking hotels? I've read that i shouldn't book rooms directly from the hotels because they are way more expensive. Is that true, and if it is, what do you recommend? Thanks for your help!
sri lanka....advice please!
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 2 Magical India
- 3 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 4 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 5 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 6 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 7 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 8 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Trip report China
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 15 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 16 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 17 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 18 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 23 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 24 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 25 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!