Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan rough itinerary
- 2 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 3 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Japan Rail Pass
- 6 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 9 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 10 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 13 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 14 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 15 Singapore weather in August/September
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Backpacking on a budget
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 24 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 25 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?