Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 Weeks SE Asia itinerary. HELP
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 4 Special trip to Vietnam February
- 5 Please help me plan a return visit to Vietnam
- 6 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 7 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 8 Don't forget the wellies...
- 9 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 10 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 11 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 12 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 13 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 14 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 15 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 16 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 17 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 18 India Trip Report
- 19 A great trip in India
- 20 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 21 7.5 days in India
- 22 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 23 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 24 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 25 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions