Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Sri Lanka with kids
- 1 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 introduce myself
- 4 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 5 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 6 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 7 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 8 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 9 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 10 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 11 independent travel in India
- 12 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 13 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Magical India
- 16 geisha performance
- 17 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 18 Trip report China
- 19 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa