Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Sri Lanka with kids
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driving in Laos
- 2 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 3 Tour Operators in Vietnam
- 4 India - 2 Days only
- 5 Private car travel in Vietnam
- 6 Transportation from Hoi An to Hue
- 7 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 8 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 9 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 10 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 11 Cheapest and safe alternative for individual transportation
- 12 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 13 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 14 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 15 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 17 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 18 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 19 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 20 Malaysian honeymoon
- 21 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 22 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 23 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 24 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 25 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015