Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 3 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 6 Bali airport transportation
- 7 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 9 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 12 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 13 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 14 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 15 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 16 Passport for Indonesia
- 17 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 18 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 19 Is this crazy?
- 20 Dollar traveller cheques
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 India help with where to go
- 23 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 24 Hoi An in December?
- 25 Getting to Hoi An from Hue