Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 In Seoul for one day
- 2 Some notes about South Korea
- 3 http://www.findfitnessidea.com/noxor-platinum-edition/
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 6 A great trip in India
- 7 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 8 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 9 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 10 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 11 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 12 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 13 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 14 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 15 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 16 Totally unprepared
- 17 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 18 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 19 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 20 Rental Car Bali
- 21 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 22 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 23 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 24 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 25 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other