Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 North India Itinerary advice
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?