We are looking at planning a holiday (10-14 days) to Sri Lanka in June. I know it is monsoon season at that time, but from reading different sites etc it suggests that is mainly the South/West of the island.
Does that mean staying near the Tea Country, and/or Aragum Bay/Yala would be ok?
This will be our first wedding anniversary & we want this to be a special trip.
Our budget for accommodation & meals is £2000 for the trip. Some hotels are all-in, some are b&b, we don't have a preference as to which type we stay in & we would be looking at staying in 2 hotels, one by the beach and maybe one in the Tea Country.
Is this budget realistic & can anyone suggest any hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 3 Vietnam visa
- 4 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Family Friendly Penang
- 7 Train trip costs help please
- 8 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 9 Weather forecast
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Sri Lanka advice
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Ryokan in Japan
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 19 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Itinerary & airport help
- 22 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 23 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 24 Snapshots From Kerala
- 25 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?