We are looking at planning a holiday (10-14 days) to Sri Lanka in June. I know it is monsoon season at that time, but from reading different sites etc it suggests that is mainly the South/West of the island.
Does that mean staying near the Tea Country, and/or Aragum Bay/Yala would be ok?
This will be our first wedding anniversary & we want this to be a special trip.
Our budget for accommodation & meals is £2000 for the trip. Some hotels are all-in, some are b&b, we don't have a preference as to which type we stay in & we would be looking at staying in 2 hotels, one by the beach and maybe one in the Tea Country.
Is this budget realistic & can anyone suggest any hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 Sri Lanka in December
- 6 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 january 31 in colombo
- 9 Serendipity Srilanka
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 Traffic and Police in India
- 13 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 14 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 15 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 3 weeks in Japan
- 18 A first time for everything in Japan
- 19 India Tour Companies
- 20 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 21 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 22 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 23 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 24 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 25 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought