Right now we have a 6 day trip planned and our current itinerary is leaving Colombo immediately, heading to Kandy (1 night), Cultural Triangle (2 nights), tea country (possibly 2 nights) and then Kitulgala for rafting--that would be a day trip. We definitely want to do the Sigiriya climb as well. In looking at our agenda, does it make sense to head to Nuwara Eliya for tea country or should we be considering tea country north of Kandy & the Knuckles. Is that closer and how scenic is the area? I don't want to spend my full trip driving but we also want to see beautiful country and possibly bike (which is shown on the Ceylon Tea Trails site). We are active travelers so beyond seeing the working tea plantation....what else does the area offer that can't be missed. Thank you for any insights and please feel free to provide alternate itinerary suggestions for our short trip.
Sri Lanka, Itinerary Help & Must-see Spots
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 Anyone in Bangkok
- 4 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 5 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 6 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 7 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 8 Travel Insurance
- 9 South East Asia
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 12 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 19 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 1 week Philippines
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Japan: best time to go?