Right now we have a 6 day trip planned and our current itinerary is leaving Colombo immediately, heading to Kandy (1 night), Cultural Triangle (2 nights), tea country (possibly 2 nights) and then Kitulgala for rafting--that would be a day trip. We definitely want to do the Sigiriya climb as well. In looking at our agenda, does it make sense to head to Nuwara Eliya for tea country or should we be considering tea country north of Kandy & the Knuckles. Is that closer and how scenic is the area? I don't want to spend my full trip driving but we also want to see beautiful country and possibly bike (which is shown on the Ceylon Tea Trails site). We are active travelers so beyond seeing the working tea plantation....what else does the area offer that can't be missed. Thank you for any insights and please feel free to provide alternate itinerary suggestions for our short trip.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 AMA vs VIKING
- 4 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 5 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 6 Hotels in Kumamoto and Fukuoka
- 7 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 8 Hotel in Tokyo
- 9 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 10 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 13 Incheon Transit Tours
- 14 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 Tokyo with kids : what an amazing trip!
- 17 Vietnam - September 2015
- 18 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 19 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 20 Burma or Laos.
- 21 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 22 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 23 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 24 Worldspree Thailand or India
- 25 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II