We are traveling to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon this December and I am trying to nail down the itinerary. Below is where I am at, if I were to shave a night off the beaches at the end where should I add it? Also which beaches would you cut back? Or should I move a beach night to Galle?
I am emailing with BSL and have found some of their hotel rates significantly higher than what I can find online. Should I book myself? Is there any reason theirs might be higher? I do see some of theirs have half board while online it is breakfast only but the price differential was large in a few cases. Our hotels are mostly in the $150 - $250 range.
If there are any recommendations for snorkeling locations in December aside from Unawantuna please advise. Any recommendations for places to camp in Yala? I look forward to your input.
Dec. 6th - Arrive airport 2:40am meet driver depart Airport to Dambulla
- 2 nights Dambulla (Dec. 6th and 7th)
o Dec. 6th relax and then visit cave temples in the afternoon
o Dec. 7th up early and do Sigiriya
o Dec. 8th visit Polonnaruwa
Dec. 8th – After Polonnaruwa drive to Kandy
- 2 nights
- Dec. 8th arrive in evening
- Dec. 9th visit TOT then return to Kandy hotel
Dec. 10th - Take the train (2-3 hours) to Nuwara Eliya
- 2 nights Dec. 10th and 11th doing tea plantations, hiking, etc
Dec. 12th - Yala
- 2 nights in park camping Dec. 12th and 13th
Dec. 14th - South beaches - Unawatuna?
- 3 nights Dec. 14th, 15th and 16th snorkeling and day trip(s) to Galle
Dec. 18th – head SW to beach closer to airport, Bentota?
- 3 nights 17th, 18th & 19th
Dec. 20th - Airport for flight in the evening
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan