We are in the planning stages for March 2012. We love wildlife and birding and our recent trips include Tanzania, Uganda, Borneo and we are going to Madagascar in September, 2011. We will have a total of 17 days including travel from the US and want to also spend four nights in the Maldives at the end of our trip. That leaves amount 10 or 11 days in Sri Lanka. We do not want to spend all our time driving and would like to focus on a few areas. Here is what we were thinking, 1 night near airport, 2 nights in Sinharaja, 1 night in Uda, 3 nights in Yala and then either Mirissa for whale watching, maybe seeing the turtles nesting or Bundala for birding and then back to Colombo and overnight close to the airport for a morning flight to the Maldives. Any recommendations for the Maldives, great house reef but we do not need super luxury would be great. In Sri Lanka we would prefer to stay inside the park in the luxury tented accommodations. Any recommendations or thoughts about how hectic this will be including driving times would be appreciated. We have found the tour companies also under estimate the travel times. We have contacting a few companies, including Red dot, In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka. They seem to have had some difficulty incorporating our requests into an itinerary. We had not heard back from Boutique yet and I know that Kathie used and liked them. Help!!
Sri Lanka-Help with Itinerary
- 1 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 2 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 5 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 6 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 7 Kashmir or Nepal
- 8 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 9 Wildlife Tour of India
- 10 Cell Phones in India
- 11 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 12 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 13 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 14 white sand beaches in thailand
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 18 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 19 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 20 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 21 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 22 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 23 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 24 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 25 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions