We are in the planning stages for March 2012. We love wildlife and birding and our recent trips include Tanzania, Uganda, Borneo and we are going to Madagascar in September, 2011. We will have a total of 17 days including travel from the US and want to also spend four nights in the Maldives at the end of our trip. That leaves amount 10 or 11 days in Sri Lanka. We do not want to spend all our time driving and would like to focus on a few areas. Here is what we were thinking, 1 night near airport, 2 nights in Sinharaja, 1 night in Uda, 3 nights in Yala and then either Mirissa for whale watching, maybe seeing the turtles nesting or Bundala for birding and then back to Colombo and overnight close to the airport for a morning flight to the Maldives. Any recommendations for the Maldives, great house reef but we do not need super luxury would be great. In Sri Lanka we would prefer to stay inside the park in the luxury tented accommodations. Any recommendations or thoughts about how hectic this will be including driving times would be appreciated. We have found the tour companies also under estimate the travel times. We have contacting a few companies, including Red dot, In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka. They seem to have had some difficulty incorporating our requests into an itinerary. We had not heard back from Boutique yet and I know that Kathie used and liked them. Help!!
Sri Lanka-Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 2 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 3 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 6 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 7 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 8 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 9 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 10 Nancy Chandler maps
- 11 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 12 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 13 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 14 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 15 Help re. Visa.
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 18 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 19 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 20 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 21 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 22 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 23 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?