We are in the planning stages for March 2012. We love wildlife and birding and our recent trips include Tanzania, Uganda, Borneo and we are going to Madagascar in September, 2011. We will have a total of 17 days including travel from the US and want to also spend four nights in the Maldives at the end of our trip. That leaves amount 10 or 11 days in Sri Lanka. We do not want to spend all our time driving and would like to focus on a few areas. Here is what we were thinking, 1 night near airport, 2 nights in Sinharaja, 1 night in Uda, 3 nights in Yala and then either Mirissa for whale watching, maybe seeing the turtles nesting or Bundala for birding and then back to Colombo and overnight close to the airport for a morning flight to the Maldives. Any recommendations for the Maldives, great house reef but we do not need super luxury would be great. In Sri Lanka we would prefer to stay inside the park in the luxury tented accommodations. Any recommendations or thoughts about how hectic this will be including driving times would be appreciated. We have found the tour companies also under estimate the travel times. We have contacting a few companies, including Red dot, In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka. They seem to have had some difficulty incorporating our requests into an itinerary. We had not heard back from Boutique yet and I know that Kathie used and liked them. Help!!
Sri Lanka-Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 2 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 6 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 7 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 8 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 9 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 10 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 11 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited