We are in the planning stages for March 2012. We love wildlife and birding and our recent trips include Tanzania, Uganda, Borneo and we are going to Madagascar in September, 2011. We will have a total of 17 days including travel from the US and want to also spend four nights in the Maldives at the end of our trip. That leaves amount 10 or 11 days in Sri Lanka. We do not want to spend all our time driving and would like to focus on a few areas. Here is what we were thinking, 1 night near airport, 2 nights in Sinharaja, 1 night in Uda, 3 nights in Yala and then either Mirissa for whale watching, maybe seeing the turtles nesting or Bundala for birding and then back to Colombo and overnight close to the airport for a morning flight to the Maldives. Any recommendations for the Maldives, great house reef but we do not need super luxury would be great. In Sri Lanka we would prefer to stay inside the park in the luxury tented accommodations. Any recommendations or thoughts about how hectic this will be including driving times would be appreciated. We have found the tour companies also under estimate the travel times. We have contacting a few companies, including Red dot, In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka. They seem to have had some difficulty incorporating our requests into an itinerary. We had not heard back from Boutique yet and I know that Kathie used and liked them. Help!!
Sri Lanka-Help with Itinerary
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 2 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 3 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 4 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 7 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 8 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 11 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 15 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 19 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 20 Anyone in Bangkok
- 21 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!