I'm attempting to plan our next "big" trip. We thought Sri Lanka would make a good destination because we have almost 3 weeks - and feel like we could get a good sense of the country - and we have to travel late December/early January so the weather will be nice.
From reading the Forums on Fodors.. I see Boutique Sri Lanka comes up quite a bit. I inquired about an itinerary.. and what I got back seems like a good route - except I'm not sure about going to the wildlife sanctuary or see the elephants if they're not being treated well?
My questions are as follows...
1) Does anyone have input on the itinerary??
Arrival transfer to West Country -- 1 night
3 nights - Cultural Triangle (approx.. 3 ½ hour drive)
2 nights Kandy
2 Nights Hill country - Nuwara Eliya
2 nights - Ella
1 night - Yala
4 nights - South coast, Turtle bay
2 nights Galle
We were quoted anywhere from $150-$300 USD a night for accommodations. They were very nice... but I wasn't expecting to spend that much? Is that normal? Or can you find perfectly fine accommodations for far less? We're also Canadian..so that adds 20% to the price automatically
They also didn't tell us how much it would be for a car & driver.. it seemed like they wanted us to book the itinerary first.. but I need to know an approximate cost on that before we can book. Does anyone know an average of how much that would be?
I think that's all for now.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations. I've always found those on Fodors of great assistance when planning more extensive trips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 4 Sim cards and adaptors
- 5 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 6 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 7 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 8 India help needed
- 9 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 10 Sri Lanka Visa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Hotel in Hanoi
- 13 Place to stay Hue
- 14 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 15 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang