We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 2 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 3 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 4 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 12 days in Japan
- 9 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 10 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 11 Tigerwalah Experience
- 12 Where best to stay in Penang
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 15 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 18 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 19 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 20 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 21 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 22 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 23 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 24 Private guide and driver for India
- 25 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary