We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 4 Burma or Laos.
- 5 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 6 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 7 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 8 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 9 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 10 Vietnam - September 2015
- 11 hanoi eats
- 12 Hakone accommodation options
- 13 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 14 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 15 Visa
- 16 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 17 Restaurants
- 18 My First Passage to India
- 19 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 20 Castle & King tour operator review
- 21 Indiana to India Via Texas
- 22 International Schools in Palolem / South Goa
- 23 Vietnam Visa Exemption
- 24 Sri Lanka plan
- 25 Thinking about a trip to China....
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary