We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 12 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary