We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 2 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 3 Exploring Thailand
- 4 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 5 Japan in December
- 6 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 7 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Phuket
- 13 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 15 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Phones in Asia
- 19 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 20 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 21 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 22 India Add-on
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 25 Travel during China national week?