We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 4 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 8 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 9 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 10 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 11 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 12 Hoi An in December?
- 13 Bali airport transportation
- 14 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 15 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 16 Passport for Indonesia
- 17 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 18 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 19 Is this crazy?
- 20 Dollar traveller cheques
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 India help with where to go
- 23 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 24 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 25 Halong Bay cruise
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary