We guys are planning trip with family in December 2012. Yes, i agree we guys are running bit late on finalization of itinerary - but will request if you guys can have a look and comment. This is what we are thinking
1) Arrive in Colombo and drive to Kandy
2) Stay in Kandy for three days
Day 1 : visit elephant orphanage, temple of tooth, and ending with dance performance (lot of people have commented that the dance performance isnt great - nt sure if there are any other recommendations)
Day 2: Visit Sigriya and Dambulla Caves
Day 3: Visit Polonnaruwara and Minneriya Lake (?)
3) Leave for Nurewa Eliya and en-route visit tea factory. Spend 2 days here
Day 1: Relax and go for walking trails around the area
Day 2: Visit Ella, waterfall and temple
4) Leave for Bentota and spend remaining days at beach
i am not sure if we have overlooked some important points or we can actually combine things for eg ella falls in drive to bentota and hence we dont need to waste a day etc
please do help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 2 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Bangkok in April?!?
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Kowloon Hotels
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 9 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 10 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 11 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 12 For: Crellston
- 13 Snapshots From Kerala
- 14 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 15 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 16 My visit to Thailand
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 My visit to Cambodia
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 New Member
- 23 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 24 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 25 My visit to Vietnam
Sri Lanka - can you please provide ur comments for 9 days itinerary