We are 2 newbies for SL. We have booked our hotels (many of our first choices were fully booked so we got nervous...). We are now looking for a driver/guide+car. We also wonder if our plan below is feasible, especially from Haputale to Galle - Google Maps says 3h40 min, I know it's much longer in reality but by how much?
FEB 07 arrival midnight, hotel 5th Lane House, Colombo
FEB 08 Colombo
FEB 09 Colombo-Dambulla (Wild Grass Resort)
FEB 10 Sigiriya
FEB 11 Dambulla caves
FEB 12 Anuradhapura (tour the site by bike?)
FEB 13 Dambulla- Haputal (Melheim Resort)
FEB 14 Haputal-Galle (Tamarind Hill Hotel)
FEB 15 Galle
FEB 16 Galle-Colombo by train (morning)
Colombo-Airport (evening, flight at 23.00)
Thanks much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Hanoi Hotel
- 3 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 7 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 8 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 13 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 14 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 15 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 16 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 17 An island paradise?
- 18 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 19 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 20 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 21 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 22 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 23 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?