I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Escort Services in Gurugram | 8826458966 | Gurgaon
- 2 Itinerary Help Japan
- 3 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 7 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 10 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 11 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram