I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 2 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 3 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 4 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 5 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 6 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 7 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 8 Halong Bay cruise
- 9 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 10 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 11 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 12 Is this crazy?
- 13 In Seoul for one day
- 14 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 15 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 16 India help with where to go
- 17 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 18 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 19 Taxis in Yangon
- 20 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 21 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 22 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 23 Shanghai Tailor?
- 24 Best of Koh Tao
- 25 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One