I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Buy Cow /Ox Gallstones,Salted Donkey Skin / Donkey Hides Dry Salted
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Thailand Guides
- 5 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 6 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 7 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 8 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Phuket Beaches
- 11 India itinerary critique please
- 12 Japan Itinerary!
- 13 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 14 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 15 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 16 Magical India
- 17 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 18 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 19 Vientiane and ??
- 20 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 21 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 22 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 23 Himachal Pradesh
- 24 Luggage size China ?
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service