I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Sri Lanka 4 week itinerary check please
- 1 Japan: best time to go?
- 2 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 3 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 5 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 9 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 10 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 11 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 12 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 13 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 14 Magical India
- 15 Visit To Goa
- 16 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 17 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 18 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 19 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 24 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 25 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint