I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Sri Lanka 4 week itinerary check please
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 2 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 3 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 4 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 5 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 6 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 7 Singapore
- 8 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 9 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 10 India at the end of May
- 11 National Parks - which to choose
- 12 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 13 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 14 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 15 17 Day Itinerary
- 16 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 17 Asia Tour Companies
- 18 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 19 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 20 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 21 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 22 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 23 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 24 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 25 singapore accomodation?