I will be going to Sri Lanka from 6 July till 4 August, about 4 weeks. I am mainly interested in trekking and nature rather than temples. So I've made a rough itinerary but I'm not sure how feasible and logical it is, so I need your help I would like to travel slow and have a base where I can take day trips. I would also like to take the train whenever possible.
Most importantly, I want to catch the Kataragama festival, heard the last days are the best (30th July and 1st August) How could I incorporate this into my trip.
Thank you very much!
Cultural triangle (Polonaruwa, sigiriya, anuradhapura) Where would be a good base to see all of them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 2 My Everest Base Camp Trekking with Icicles Adventure Treks
- 3 Driving in Japan
- 4 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 5 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 6 http://boosthightestosterones.com/no2-shred-reviews/
- 7 Online Pharmacy and Medical Store India
- 8 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 9 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 10 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 11 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 12 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 13 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 14 First time trip to Japan questions
- 15 Laos in the end of June
- 16 Japan & WiFi
- 17 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 18 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 19 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 20 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 21 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 22 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 23 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 24 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 25 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies