I plan to visit Mandalay and Bagan in early August. I just found out that there are three festivals near Mandalay around that time:
1. Taung Byone Nat Pwe (Madayar, Mandalay)
2. Yadana Gu Nat festival (Amapura, Mandalay)
3. Shwe Kyun Pin Nat Pwe (Mingun)
and would like to know when exactly this year they are. It would be helpful if some locals could confirm the dates.
Also, any information such as time of day to visit and guides, accommodation or any other relevant info is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 One day in Saigon
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 North India Itinerary advice
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 11 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 12 The Indian money crunch.
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 19 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Kerala trip
- 21 E Visa for India?
- 22 1-2 months South East Asia
- 23 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 24 Help - India.
- 25 Nice article on Macau in the NYT