My DH and I are seriously thinking about spending the winter months (Jan - end of March) in South East Asia instead of Mexico. We are in our early seventies, like independent travel and would hope to spend time in Thailand, Laos (Luang Prabang), possibly Cambodia, and Vietnam. We would like to include down time at a beach location, but also want to take the opportunity to visit places like Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hanoi etc. Our energy level is not what it used to be and bad knees rule out any serious hiking. I have done a lot of reading in guidebooks and also posts on the various forums. I guess what I would like to ask is if anyone else our age has made a similar trip, which mode of transport would be the most comfortable/advisable, and whether the sequence in which we visit the countries would make any difference. We like staying in private rooms in guest houses, and envision staying put in certain places for up to 2 weeks, may be renting an apartment or bungalow. We hope to use frequent flyer points and fly in to e.g. Bangkok and out of HCMC.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 2 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 3 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 4 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 5 A great trip in India
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 10 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 11 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 12 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 Sulawesi
- 18 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 19 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 20 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 25 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti