My husband, two of my adult children and I will be traveling to north Vietnam early next February. It's a special trip, because we adopted our daughter from Hanoi 22 years ago, and this will be our first trip back. My son can only be there a week, the other three of us will have two weeks. I'm looking for help with how to allocate the time. We'll want to concentrate on Hanoi and environs while my son is with us so we can get him to the airport after the first week. We'd definitely want to go out to Ninh Binh, as that's where my daughter was born. Then...we're open to whatever. Would love recommendations for both day trips from Hanoi, and perhaps 3-4 day tours (of the small and intimate variety). We'll be flying back out of Hanoi.
Thanks so much for any tips/advice/recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 3 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 6 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 Silk Road Tour - China
- 9 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 14 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?