My husband, two of my adult children and I will be traveling to north Vietnam early next February. It's a special trip, because we adopted our daughter from Hanoi 22 years ago, and this will be our first trip back. My son can only be there a week, the other three of us will have two weeks. I'm looking for help with how to allocate the time. We'll want to concentrate on Hanoi and environs while my son is with us so we can get him to the airport after the first week. We'd definitely want to go out to Ninh Binh, as that's where my daughter was born. Then...we're open to whatever. Would love recommendations for both day trips from Hanoi, and perhaps 3-4 day tours (of the small and intimate variety). We'll be flying back out of Hanoi.
Thanks so much for any tips/advice/recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Osaka, aquarium?
- 5 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 9 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 10 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 20 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 21 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 22 A month in central Asia
- 23 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur