I'll be in Hanoi/HCMC/Siem Reap(Angkor)/ Phnom Pehn and some smaller villages right on the Mekong in late October this year, I'm wondering what are some things I should plan on picking up and bringing back with me.
I won't be in Hoi An, nor do I need any suits/fancy dresses, so tailor shops are out. I'm thinking I'll be too tall for clothing/shoes (USWomens size 9.5) , so I'd like to focus on Jewelry and crafts- is there anything specific to these regions/cities I should try and pick up?
I enjoy filling my home here with crafts and souvenirs from my travels, so as long as I can carry it home, it has a place!
The only thing I really am looking forward to picking up is a Buddha head, I'm guessing near Angkor Wat, anything else I should put on my list?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 2 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 3 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 3 weeks in Japan
- 6 New Years in Japan
- 7 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 8 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 9 Touristy Thailand
- 10 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 11 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 12 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Myanmar tour companies
- 15 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 16 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 17 A Victory Day Tour
- 18 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide