My husband and I are planning an early October trip and have narrowed it down to southern India, Sri Lanka or Malaysia. We are active travelers, liking to bike (did a 10 day bike trip through China) and hike but we also enjoy unique cultures and sightseeting. If we did Malaysia, we would plan on climbing Mt. Kinabalu (overnight trek), see the orangs, and snorkel. Sri Lanka we might combine with Maldives. And we've never experienced any part of India. Last year our big trip was Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam so would like something different in the way of adventure. Please give your insight on these destinations or any destination we might have overlooked.
Southern India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia--Which for Activity?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Help where to invest little money
- 3 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 4 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 5 how choose an houseboat or cruice ?
- 6 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 7 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 8 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 9 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 10 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 11 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 12 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 13 Myanmar - some questions
- 14 July itinerary in Japan
- 15 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 16 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 17 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 18 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 19 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 20 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 22 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 23 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 24 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 25 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter