we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 2 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 3 2 weeks in Java
- 4 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 7 Italy from an Asian base
- 8 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 9 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 10 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 11 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 12 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 13 My new 10 year china visa
- 14 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 15 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 16 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 17 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 18 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?