we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 4 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 5 Our second Japan trip
- 6 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 7 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 8 Myanmar
- 9 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 10 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 11 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 12 Toraja
- 13 Anyone used Tours China (www.tourschina.com)?
- 14 Visa for Vietnam for Canadians
- 15 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 16 Winter Hokkaido Trip
- 17 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 18 RHK's Fall escape
- 19 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 20 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 21 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 22 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 23 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 24 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 25 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka