we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 5 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 6 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 7 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 8 Tigerwalah Experience
- 9 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 10 Where best to stay in Penang
- 11 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 12 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 13 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 14 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 15 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 16 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 17 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 18 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 19 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 20 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 21 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 22 Private guide and driver for India
- 23 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 24 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 25 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)