we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 2 Group (non-private) Tours of South Korea
- 3 Xi'an advice please
- 4 Visa for India
- 5 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 6 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 7 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 8 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 9 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 10 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 11 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 12 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 13 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 14 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 15 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 16 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 17 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 18 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 21 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 22 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 23 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 24 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 25 Buying jewelry in India