we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Southern India - Kerala - Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 4 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 5 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 6 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 7 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 8 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 9 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 10 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 11 Myanmar - some questions
- 12 July itinerary in Japan
- 13 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 14 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 15 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 16 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 17 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 18 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 19 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 20 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 21 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 22 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 23 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 24 hokkaido outskirts
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!