we are thinking of visiting Kerala for around 2-3 weeks at the end of this year.
We like wildlife/nature/boutique hotels/indian cuisine/Temples.
Since we are not that young anymore, we would love to hear a suggestion for an itinerary which allows us to stay in places for at least 2-3 days until moving on to the next place.
We would love to see the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai & Peryar National Park. I have chosen Kerala because the Malaria Risk is low (allergic reaction to malaria prophilaxes). We enjoy walking through nature and like photography but are also interested in getting to know the Indian culture. This would be our first trip to India.
Which are the MUST SEE sights in the area?
Which are the best hideaway nature places?
Any Itinerary suggestions?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if suggesting a different area (remember it has to be malaria free) to visit - I haven't yet made up my mind completely and are open to any good ideas!
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 Looking for a driver in Bali?
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 6 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 7 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 8 Gutted!
- 9 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 10 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 11 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 12 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 13 Family Trip to Japan
- 14 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 15 5 weeks in Japan
- 16 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 17 New Member
- 18 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 19 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 20 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 21 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 22 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 23 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 24 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 25 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India