I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 3 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 4 Borneo forest fires
- 5 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 6 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 7 Bridge players Beware!!
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 10 Vaccinations
- 11 Chengdu and Beijing
- 12 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 13 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 14 2 months in Indonesia
- 15 a year in burma
- 16 First time to SEA
- 17 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 18 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 19 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 20 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 21 Seoul Searching Questions
- 22 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 23 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 24 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 25 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016