I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 2 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 3 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 4 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 5 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 6 China itinerary
- 7 Castle & King tour operator review
- 8 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 9 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 13 First trip to Japan
- 14 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 15 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 16 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 17 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 18 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 19 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 20 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 21 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 22 Northern India in June
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 25 OAT trip to India