I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Southeast Asia suggested stops?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 2 India adaptors
- 3 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 7 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 8 Bangkok and Manila
- 9 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 10 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 11 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 12 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 13 Visa
- 14 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 15 Gluten free in Japan?
- 16 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 17 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 18 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 19 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 20 Need a guide in Burma?
- 21 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 22 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 23 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 24 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014