I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Southeast Asia suggested stops?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 2 where can i find replica handbags
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 5 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 6 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 7 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 8 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 13 Indonesian visa update
- 14 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 15 Vietnam October 2014
- 16 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 17 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 18 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 19 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 20 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 21 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 22 3 days in Teheran
- 23 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 24 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 25 Myranmar VISA