I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 2 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 3 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 4 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Hong Kong
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 Terracotta Warriors
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 19 hiking japan sept
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 22 The best way to My Son
- 23 Japan Itinerary!
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus