I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 2 Gutted!
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 6 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 9 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 10 Family Trip to Japan
- 11 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 12 5 weeks in Japan
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 15 New Member
- 16 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 17 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 18 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 19 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 20 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 21 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 22 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 25 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours