I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 It has been a tought week in PH
- 2 2-3 days in Georgia
- 3 2 days in Tbilisi
- 4 A train ride through Java
- 5 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 6 Three weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka
- 7 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 8 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 9 My First India Trip
- 10 5 days Japan
- 11 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 12 Castle & King tour questions
- 13 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 14 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 15 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 16 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 17 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 18 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 19 JAPANiCAN.com
- 20 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 21 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 22 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 23 Bicycle riding required?
- 24 hanoi eats
- 25 SE Asia 2014 trip report