I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Southeast Asia suggested stops?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 2 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 3 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 4 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 5 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 8 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 9 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 10 Connaught Place
- 11 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 14 Nepal- recipe?
- 15 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 16 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 17 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 20 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 21 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 22 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 23 My SEA trip - photos update
- 24 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 25 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.