I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Xi'an advice please
- 2 Visa for India
- 3 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 4 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 5 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 6 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 9 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 10 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 11 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 12 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 13 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 14 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 15 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 16 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 17 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 18 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 19 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 20 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 21 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 22 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 23 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 24 Buying jewelry in India
- 25 Jaipur's Gem Palace