I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Southeast Asia suggested stops?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 9 Penang
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 14 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Takayama ideas in April?
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 23 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 24 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 25 4-1/2 days in Seoul