I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel to India in May?
- 2 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 3 Best place to experience the authentic culture in India
- 4 India help with where to go
- 5 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 6 Japan Trip Delayed
- 7 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 8 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 9 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 10 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 11 Month long SE Asia trip
- 12 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 13 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 14 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 15 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 16 Cambodia weather
- 17 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 20 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 22 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 23 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 24 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 25 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans