I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Hanoi
- 2 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 5 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 6 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 7 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 8 Tigerwalah Experience
- 9 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 10 Where best to stay in Penang
- 11 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 12 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 13 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 14 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 15 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 16 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 17 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 18 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 19 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 20 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 21 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 22 Private guide and driver for India
- 23 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 24 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 25 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)