I'm a college student spending this coming Spring semester abroad in Vietnam. When my program ends on May 30 I'm planning to travel around Southeast Asia for the entire month of June. Just wondering if anyone has any suggested itineraries or must-see sights and stops? I will have seen most of Vietnam so I'm looking specifically for places outside Vietnam. So far my general travel ideas include:
-Cambodia (definitely want to go there)
-Burma/Myanmar? if time permits
-Alternatively, considering a visit to Kunming/Yunnan province as it is so close to Vietnam, but perhaps another time
I want to see a lot, but I also don't want to be in a rush. Are those four countries too ambitious for just one month of travel? I'm interested in cultural places, temples, ruins, any off the beaten path gems, and definitely any adventurous activities (hiking, boating, cave exploration, etc). My budget will be around $3000 (not that I intend to spend that much!). I'm not planning to live the life of luxury really, I prefer simple lodgings and means of travel but I might splurge a couple times, maybe a flight or two. Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!
Southeast Asia suggested stops?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 3 Khao Lak
- 4 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 7 Photos from India!
- 8 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 11 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 12 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 13 Myanmar River Cruises
- 14 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 15 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 16 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 17 How to handle cash in Japan
- 18 Great Wall hike
- 19 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 20 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 21 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 22 Six days in Hong Kong
- 23 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 24 Storing photos while traveling
- 25 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai