my husband & I are going to SE Asia for five weeks in Feb,2013. I have read many of your reports. I loved Kathie & Cheryl's trip to Burma, and want to definitely do aprox. 10 days there. I will plan the rest of the trip around that. We are in our late 50's, and like the creature comforts at night. I think Kathie's accommodations seemed great. We love to walk and have different adventures. We love history and architecture , not a big shopper or interest in textiles. We are interested in having an overall SE Asia adventure without duplicating the same types of experiences, so I definitely want to take a ride down a river in a boat to see villages, I loved the Inle Lake experience Kathie described, I definitely want to see temples, but not everywhere. I want city experiences, and laid back small spaces too.I don't want a beach holiday. I can fly from place to place, but a 3 night river cruise somewhere might be nice as well. I don't think I can handle the train environment. Also it takes too much time. I am just starting to try to set an itinerary. I am trying to decide , apart from BUrma, where else to go. Luang Prabang, Ankor, Hoe An or Hue, Bangkok or Hanoi,? If I don't want to duplicate similar things, what do you suggest.
southeast asia five weeks
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 3 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 4 Wildlife Tour of India
- 5 Udaipur, India
- 6 High Alert for Travelers! New Deadly Bird Flu in China
- 7 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 8 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 9 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 10 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 11 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 14 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 17 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 18 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 19 Kashmir or Nepal
- 20 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 21 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 22 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 23 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 24 white sand beaches in thailand
- 25 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September