I visited India (loved it!) in December and just finished my trip report: (www.travelmusings.net/india/)
Thank you to previous posters for your advice. Here are my recommendations:
- Stay at Casa Colvale:
- Check out Jew Town. Bring socks for the Synagogue tour
- See the Chinese fishing nets at sunset
- Indulge in a Kalari massage at Malabar House:
- Visit the Hindu Temple in Varkala Town on a Sunday morning. Intimidating but interesting. You will receive a lot of attention from kids and adults
- Take the cliffwalk south, past the shops and restaurants. It's very scenic
- Look into the Blue Water Beach Resort:
- Book some spa treatments. Spas rated an Olive Leaf or Green Leaf designation by the Kerala Tourism Board are "legit":
- Just because beer isn't on the menu doesn't mean it isn't available
- Eat at Cafe del Mar
- Stay at the ITC Grand Central (although it's kind of removed) in the Towers. You can use Starwood points:
- Check out the Ellora Caves on Elephanta Island
- Stop by Dhobi Ghat. Be prepared for some interactions
- See Haji Ali Dargah
- Go next door to the Mahalaxmi Temple (and bring socks)
- Shop at Bombay Electric if you want fashionable clothing and price is no object:
- Lunch at Not Just Jazz by the Bay:
- Enjoy evening cocktails on the deck of The Intercontinental:
- VISIT THE JAIN TEMPLE near Malabar Hill
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 2 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 6 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 7 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 10 Planning my Philippines trip
- 11 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 12 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 15 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 16 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 17 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 18 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 19 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 20 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 21 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 22 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 November, March, June... Japan?
- 25 Itinerary Help Japan
South India Advice/Trip Report: Goa, Fort Cochin, Varkala, and Mumbai