My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
South East Asia Three Week Trip plus Honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 2 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 3 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 4 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 5 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 6 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan - spending money?
- 9 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 10 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 11 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 12 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 13 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 16 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 17 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 18 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 21 Japan night bus
- 22 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 23 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 24 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 25 Can you bargain tour price?