My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
South East Asia Three Week Trip plus Honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 6 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 7 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 8 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 9 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 10 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 First time to srilanka
- 13 where can i find replica handbags
- 14 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 15 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 16 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 19 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 20 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 21 Nepal
- 22 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 23 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 24 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 25 4-5 days in SE Asia