My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
South East Asia Three Week Trip plus Honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 2 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 3 India and Nepal 2014
- 4 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 5 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 6 July itinerary in Japan
- 7 Where in Bali should we stay
- 8 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 9 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 10 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 11 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 12 Vietnam or Brazil
- 13 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 14 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 16 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 19 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 20 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 21 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 22 Any info about Zomato?
- 23 First trip to Japan
- 24 Kyoto, Nara, Hakone - what advance reservations do we need?
- 25 Beijing Airport to City Late Night Bus