My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
South East Asia Three Week Trip plus Honeymoon
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 5 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 6 Anyone in Bangkok
- 7 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 8 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 12 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Travel Insurance
- 15 South East Asia
- 16 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 17 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 18 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 19 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 20 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 21 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines