My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 3 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 4 Changing planes at Dubai
- 5 14 days in Myanmar
- 6 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 7 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 13 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Short trip to Myanmar
- 15 ATMs in Japan
- 16 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 17 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 18 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 21 Mandalay questions
- 22 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 23 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 24 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 25 Help - India take 2