My soon to be wife and I are planning on visiting South East Asia (namely Malaysia, Singapore and Bali) for a much needed vacation and honeymoon.
We have traveled together to many parts of the world but have yet to explore this region.
Our tentative travel dates are July 20 to August 11, 2010.
At this point of our planning we are looking for suggestions as to the order of the itinerary, places to stay, sites not to be missed, etc.
From research so far, we plan on flying LAX to SIN, and exploring Singapore for a few days (it will be our roundtrip hub).
From here we are open to and seeking itinerary ideas.
We are both avid travelers and love to explore new regions/cultures/foods, but would also like to take time out to celebrate our Honeymoon by relaxing, etc (e.g. probably in Bali overwater bungalow).
Our budget is roughly $5000-7000 for land only (basically in addition to plans on spending $3K for airfare). We would love to see and experience as much as we can without feeling rushed.
Lookg fwd to advice. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!
P.S. We have previously spent a week in overwater bungalows in Le Meridien Bora Bora and found that to be our "practice" honeymoon. In attempt to not go to same place twice (just yet) we selected South East Asia as during our travel times mid July to mid August the weather seems to be favorable. (I have also looked into side tripping to Maldives but it seems it is monsoon season during our travel dates)
South East Asia Three Week Trip plus Honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 2 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 3 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 4 Malaysian honeymoon
- 5 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 6 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 7 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 8 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 11 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 12 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 13 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 14 India - 2 Days only
- 15 China with Collette Tours
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 18 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 20 Beach selection in Thailand
- 21 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 22 Burma river cruise
- 23 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 24 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 25 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint