Maldives is probably not usually associated with "affordable" or "budget". I used to have the same thoughts, but have changed my mind after spending one week visiting the country independently last month. I never planned to visit, as there are so many other places that I haven't been to. But I live in Asia and cheap airfares from somewhere in Asia to Maldives are not hard to come by. I scored a deal one day and just like that the trip happened.
I haven't been to that many beautiful beaches around the world, but Maldives is by and large the most stunning. The best part is you don't need to have a big budget to have an enjoyable experience, like the media always portrays the country. I'm still in the process of writing about my experience, but I want to share with you what I have finished, advice and tips on how to visit independently and of course loads of photos. Here it is:
I hope it's helpful for those who are about to visit Maldives. I'm positively certain you will enjoy yourself in this beautiful Indian Ocean nation
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 base bangkok or manilla
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
Some practical tips if you're going to visit Maldives independently