Maldives is probably not usually associated with "affordable" or "budget". I used to have the same thoughts, but have changed my mind after spending one week visiting the country independently last month. I never planned to visit, as there are so many other places that I haven't been to. But I live in Asia and cheap airfares from somewhere in Asia to Maldives are not hard to come by. I scored a deal one day and just like that the trip happened.
I haven't been to that many beautiful beaches around the world, but Maldives is by and large the most stunning. The best part is you don't need to have a big budget to have an enjoyable experience, like the media always portrays the country. I'm still in the process of writing about my experience, but I want to share with you what I have finished, advice and tips on how to visit independently and of course loads of photos. Here it is:
I hope it's helpful for those who are about to visit Maldives. I'm positively certain you will enjoy yourself in this beautiful Indian Ocean nation
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
Some practical tips if you're going to visit Maldives independently