I'm a soon to be 30 yr old male from the New England (Beantown) area and have my semi-annual vacation coming up this end of august. I have 1 1/2 weeks vacation planned and have been eyeing a trip to Thailand or one of the surrounding Asian countries. I actually got my inspiration for Thailand after reading an article on Concierge.com about the 20 best James Bond places. One of the Thai Nat'l parks actually was featured in "The man with the golden gun". After seeing how beautiful that nat'l park is, I decided to give Asia a try. Since I am planning on traveling alone, I am looking for advice which country would best suit my needs for as little touristy experience as possible (if I want touristy I could do London, Paris or other main Metros). I am looking for a nice "meet the locals" experience in Asia. Does anyone have recommendations? In addition, I am also trying to figure out whether I should go through a travel agency or do my own bookings/arrangements.
Solo to Thailand/Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 2 1st Trip to Bali
- 3 China in 12 Days
- 4 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 5 two free days in Beijing
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 8 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 9 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 10 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 11 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 12 water villages, shanghai
- 13 language problem in japan
- 14 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 15 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 16 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 17 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 18 April in Bangkok, again!
- 19 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 20 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 21 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 22 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 23 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 24 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 25 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo