I'm a soon to be 30 yr old male from the New England (Beantown) area and have my semi-annual vacation coming up this end of august. I have 1 1/2 weeks vacation planned and have been eyeing a trip to Thailand or one of the surrounding Asian countries. I actually got my inspiration for Thailand after reading an article on Concierge.com about the 20 best James Bond places. One of the Thai Nat'l parks actually was featured in "The man with the golden gun". After seeing how beautiful that nat'l park is, I decided to give Asia a try. Since I am planning on traveling alone, I am looking for advice which country would best suit my needs for as little touristy experience as possible (if I want touristy I could do London, Paris or other main Metros). I am looking for a nice "meet the locals" experience in Asia. Does anyone have recommendations? In addition, I am also trying to figure out whether I should go through a travel agency or do my own bookings/arrangements.
Solo to Thailand/Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals