I'm a soon to be 30 yr old male from the New England (Beantown) area and have my semi-annual vacation coming up this end of august. I have 1 1/2 weeks vacation planned and have been eyeing a trip to Thailand or one of the surrounding Asian countries. I actually got my inspiration for Thailand after reading an article on Concierge.com about the 20 best James Bond places. One of the Thai Nat'l parks actually was featured in "The man with the golden gun". After seeing how beautiful that nat'l park is, I decided to give Asia a try. Since I am planning on traveling alone, I am looking for advice which country would best suit my needs for as little touristy experience as possible (if I want touristy I could do London, Paris or other main Metros). I am looking for a nice "meet the locals" experience in Asia. Does anyone have recommendations? In addition, I am also trying to figure out whether I should go through a travel agency or do my own bookings/arrangements.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 3 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 4 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 5 Budget Servied Apt
- 6 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 7 Japan rough itinerary
- 8 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 9 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 10 Something about... Malaysia
- 11 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 12 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 13 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 14 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 15 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 16 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 19 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 20 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 21 First Trip to Japan in August
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 23 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Japan - restaurant reservations