I'm a soon to be 30 yr old male from the New England (Beantown) area and have my semi-annual vacation coming up this end of august. I have 1 1/2 weeks vacation planned and have been eyeing a trip to Thailand or one of the surrounding Asian countries. I actually got my inspiration for Thailand after reading an article on Concierge.com about the 20 best James Bond places. One of the Thai Nat'l parks actually was featured in "The man with the golden gun". After seeing how beautiful that nat'l park is, I decided to give Asia a try. Since I am planning on traveling alone, I am looking for advice which country would best suit my needs for as little touristy experience as possible (if I want touristy I could do London, Paris or other main Metros). I am looking for a nice "meet the locals" experience in Asia. Does anyone have recommendations? In addition, I am also trying to figure out whether I should go through a travel agency or do my own bookings/arrangements.
Solo to Thailand/Asia
- 1 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 2 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 3 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 4 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 5 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 6 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 7 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 8 white sand beaches in thailand
- 9 where to go in SE Asia
- 10 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 13 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 14 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 15 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 16 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 17 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 18 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 19 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 20 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 21 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 22 Sri Lanka
- 23 Suggestion for Bali
- 24 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 25 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice