Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour company practices
- 2 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 3 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 4 Passport question
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 6 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 7 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 8 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 9 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 10 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 11 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 12 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 13 Help! Which to choose?
- 14 North Vietnam Again!
- 15 Castle & King
- 16 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 17 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 18 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 19 One week in Thailand
- 20 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 21 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 22 India and Nepal 2014
- 23 Independent female traveller
- 24 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 25 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!