Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Great Bali travel guides
- 3 Vaccinations
- 4 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 5 Chengdu and Beijing
- 6 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 7 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 11 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 12 2 months in Indonesia
- 13 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 14 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 15 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 16 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 17 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 18 I miss Mongolia
- 19 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 20 Visa on Arrival
- 21 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 22 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 23 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 24 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 25 Japanese art
Hello, Asia Forum!