Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Eating in India
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 17-Day Itinerary
- 4 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 5 Trekking in India
- 6 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 7 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 8 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 9 Need Help for the itinerary
- 10 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 11 India On Arrival Visa
- 12 vietnam transportation
- 13 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 14 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 15 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 12 days in Japan
- 18 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 19 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 20 Tigerwalah Experience
- 21 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 22 Where best to stay in Penang
- 23 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 24 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 25 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
Hello, Asia Forum!