Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 2 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 5 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 6 Clothing needs
- 7 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 8 Help re. Visa.
- 9 Nancy Chandler maps
- 10 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 11 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 12 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 13 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 14 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 15 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 16 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 17 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 18 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 19 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 20 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 21 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 24 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 25 Ranthambore - where to stay?