Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 2 Unified Windows Reviews
- 3 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 4 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 5 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 7 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 8 What beach to choose?!?!
- 9 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 10 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 11 Business class on JAL
- 12 Private guides & drivers in China
- 13 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 14 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 15 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 16 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 17 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 18 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 19 Traffic in Hanoi
- 20 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 21 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 22 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 23 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 24 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 25 4 hour Hong Kong layover
Hello, Asia Forum!