Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 2 thai baht allowance
- 3 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 4 Is this crazy?
- 5 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 6 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 7 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 8 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 9 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 10 In Seoul for one day
- 11 Japan & WiFi
- 12 Bali airport transportation
- 13 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 14 Travel Itenary
- 15 Halong Bay cruise
- 16 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 17 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 18 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 19 Passport for Indonesia
- 20 Fabric shops in India
- 21 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 22 japan itenirary help
- 23 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
Hello, Asia Forum!