Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hack wester union transfer bank transfer paypal transfer
- 2 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 6 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 7 Sri Lanka in December
- 8 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 9 New Thai Visa
- 10 january 31 in colombo
- 11 Serendipity Srilanka
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 14 Traffic and Police in India
- 15 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 16 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 17 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
Hello, Asia Forum!