Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 7 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 8 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 9 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 10 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited