Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan for Foodies
- 2 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 5 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 6 Singapore weather in August/September
- 7 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 8 One night in Osaka
- 9 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 10 First time going abroad
- 11 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 12 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Backpacking on a budget
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 17 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 18 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 19 electric plug
- 20 Day trips from Sapporo
- 21 Etiquette in Japan
- 22 Northern Thailand Options
- 23 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 24 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 25 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto
Hello, Asia Forum!