Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 2 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 3 Train Travel in Thailand
- 4 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 5 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 6 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 7 Adventures Abroad
- 8 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 9 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 10 4.5 days in Singapore
- 11 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 12 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 13 Hakone question
- 14 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 15 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 16 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 17 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 18 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 19 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 20 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 21 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 22 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 23 Hong Kong early June
- 24 India Mother-Son 1st Time HELP
- 25 Transportation from Narita airport to the Marriott
Hello, Asia Forum!