Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Penang
- 4 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 5 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 8 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 9 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 10 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 11 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 12 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 13 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 14 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 15 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 16 July itinerary in Japan
- 17 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 18 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 19 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 20 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 21 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 22 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 23 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 24 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 25 Myanmar - some questions