Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 language problem in japan
- 3 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 6 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 7 two free days in Beijing
- 8 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 9 April in Bangkok, again!
- 10 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 11 Japan - spending money?
- 12 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 13 China in 12 Days
- 14 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 15 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 16 1st Trip to Bali
- 17 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 18 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 19 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 20 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 21 water villages, shanghai
- 22 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 23 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 24 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 25 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help