Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Tokyo daytrip
- 4 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 10 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 11 Taiwan confusion..
- 12 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 13 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 14 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 15 Laos- two weeks in January
- 16 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
Hello, Asia Forum!