Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 3 Travel during China national week?
- 4 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 5 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 10 Bali or Fiji
- 11 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 12 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 13 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 14 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 15 Don't use World Expeditions
- 16 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 17 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 18 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 19 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 20 3 days in Teheran
- 21 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 22 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 23 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 24 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 25 Favorite travel apps?