Hello, Asia Forum!
Back in April, we were trying to decide between HK and BA for our November trip. I posted a thread in the Lounge at that time, which can be viewed here:
Now that a decision has been reached (Hong Kong won!), I am reconvening the thread here, where it belongs. Our plan is to stay on the island side for the first 5 days, spend a day and half in Macau, then luxuriate in 5-star splendor for the last 2 nights in Kowloon.
We have done a bit of research already... including the fabulous threads posted here by Cicerone (outstanding stuff, btw). Our next pending decision is where to stay those last 2 nights. It's a very special occasion, so a great harbor view, great service and excellent amenities are desired (especially the view). We think we have narrowed it down to the Shangri-la and the Inter-Continental at this point. ms_go likes the looks of the outdoor pool area of the I/C, and I'm liking the overall value for the dollar at the Shang. But either choice is good for both of us, really.
If anyone has a clear preference for a special occasion, please let us know why. I appreciate your advice!
So, we've chosen Hong Kong over Buenos Aires...
Hello, Asia Forum!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 2 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 3 Where are your fav places to eat with kids in HK
- 4 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 5 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 6 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 7 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 8 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 9 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 10 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 11 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 12 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 13 10 days in South Korea?
- 14 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 16 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 17 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 18 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 19 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 20 India at the end of May
- 21 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 24 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 25 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)