I'm planning a trip to SL in June/July with a friend of mine. This is what I have proposed based on all the info I found on the net. But I'm not sure if this is a reasonable plan, in terms of logistics of getting from point A to B . Would love it if you could let me know. Many thanks!
Day 01: Arrival at Colombo. Spend the day in Colombo. I'd like to spend some time at least in the capital.
Day 02: Go to The Kandalama resort and visit Sigiriya Rock in the evening (170 kms - 4 hours).
Day 03 - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa
Day 04 - Visit Anuradhapura and Mihintale but possible skip this as entrance fee is USD50?? Would you say it wont be too sacrilegious to skip this?
Day 05 and 6: Go to Trincomalee and Nilaveli beach OR we go to the south and visit Merissa beach instead? We can do either/or as we have time constraints. Which one would you recommend?
Day 07: Visit Dambulla. Spend night in Kandy. Is it doable to get from Nilaveli - Dambulla - Kandy in a day?
Day 08: Explore Kandy, and in the evening catch train to tree country. Is there a train in the evening?
Day 09 and 10: Explore tree country. Have to figure out which places to go to - Nuwara Eliya, Adam’s Peak/ Horton Plains National Park, Hatton-Dikoya and Maskeliya, Ella. Need help to figure how to spend our 2 days across these 5 towns. Which ones to skip? We are interested in doing the famed Adam's Peak trek.
Day 11: Back to Colombo to catch flight
Waiting eagerly to hear your opinions! Btw, I need to restrict it to 10 days!!
SL Itinerary (Culture, Beach, and Tree Country)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Angkor - when to go?
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 4 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 5 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 6 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 7 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 8 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 9 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 10 India with 4 kids
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Destination Bangkok, again
- 14 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 15 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 16 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 17 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 20 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 21 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 22 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 23 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 24 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?