I'm planning a trip to SL in June/July with a friend of mine. This is what I have proposed based on all the info I found on the net. But I'm not sure if this is a reasonable plan, in terms of logistics of getting from point A to B . Would love it if you could let me know. Many thanks!
Day 01: Arrival at Colombo. Spend the day in Colombo. I'd like to spend some time at least in the capital.
Day 02: Go to The Kandalama resort and visit Sigiriya Rock in the evening (170 kms - 4 hours).
Day 03 - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa
Day 04 - Visit Anuradhapura and Mihintale but possible skip this as entrance fee is USD50?? Would you say it wont be too sacrilegious to skip this?
Day 05 and 6: Go to Trincomalee and Nilaveli beach OR we go to the south and visit Merissa beach instead? We can do either/or as we have time constraints. Which one would you recommend?
Day 07: Visit Dambulla. Spend night in Kandy. Is it doable to get from Nilaveli - Dambulla - Kandy in a day?
Day 08: Explore Kandy, and in the evening catch train to tree country. Is there a train in the evening?
Day 09 and 10: Explore tree country. Have to figure out which places to go to - Nuwara Eliya, Adam’s Peak/ Horton Plains National Park, Hatton-Dikoya and Maskeliya, Ella. Need help to figure how to spend our 2 days across these 5 towns. Which ones to skip? We are interested in doing the famed Adam's Peak trek.
Day 11: Back to Colombo to catch flight
Waiting eagerly to hear your opinions! Btw, I need to restrict it to 10 days!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : SBCGLOBAL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:385 :4895 MAIL 24*7
- 2 Change my Itinerary?
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 sri lanka- tips required
- 8 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 9 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 19 Christmas in the Alps
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 22 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Laos or Kerala?
- 25 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report