I'm planning a trip to SL in June/July with a friend of mine. This is what I have proposed based on all the info I found on the net. But I'm not sure if this is a reasonable plan, in terms of logistics of getting from point A to B . Would love it if you could let me know. Many thanks!
Day 01: Arrival at Colombo. Spend the day in Colombo. I'd like to spend some time at least in the capital.
Day 02: Go to The Kandalama resort and visit Sigiriya Rock in the evening (170 kms - 4 hours).
Day 03 - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa
Day 04 - Visit Anuradhapura and Mihintale but possible skip this as entrance fee is USD50?? Would you say it wont be too sacrilegious to skip this?
Day 05 and 6: Go to Trincomalee and Nilaveli beach OR we go to the south and visit Merissa beach instead? We can do either/or as we have time constraints. Which one would you recommend?
Day 07: Visit Dambulla. Spend night in Kandy. Is it doable to get from Nilaveli - Dambulla - Kandy in a day?
Day 08: Explore Kandy, and in the evening catch train to tree country. Is there a train in the evening?
Day 09 and 10: Explore tree country. Have to figure out which places to go to - Nuwara Eliya, Adam’s Peak/ Horton Plains National Park, Hatton-Dikoya and Maskeliya, Ella. Need help to figure how to spend our 2 days across these 5 towns. Which ones to skip? We are interested in doing the famed Adam's Peak trek.
Day 11: Back to Colombo to catch flight
Waiting eagerly to hear your opinions! Btw, I need to restrict it to 10 days!!
SL Itinerary (Culture, Beach, and Tree Country)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mae Hong Son Loop in three days? Or four?
- 2 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 3 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 4 Hong Kong Winter Weather
- 5 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 8 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 11 Hotels reasonable priced near the Four Seasons
- 12 beaches in Thailand
- 13 Krabi island tours
- 14 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 16 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 17 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 18 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 19 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 20 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 21 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Kyushu rail pass
- 24 6 full days in Yagoon
- 25 Juphal and dunai help needed