I'm planning a trip to SL in June/July with a friend of mine. This is what I have proposed based on all the info I found on the net. But I'm not sure if this is a reasonable plan, in terms of logistics of getting from point A to B . Would love it if you could let me know. Many thanks!
Day 01: Arrival at Colombo. Spend the day in Colombo. I'd like to spend some time at least in the capital.
Day 02: Go to The Kandalama resort and visit Sigiriya Rock in the evening (170 kms - 4 hours).
Day 03 - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa
Day 04 - Visit Anuradhapura and Mihintale but possible skip this as entrance fee is USD50?? Would you say it wont be too sacrilegious to skip this?
Day 05 and 6: Go to Trincomalee and Nilaveli beach OR we go to the south and visit Merissa beach instead? We can do either/or as we have time constraints. Which one would you recommend?
Day 07: Visit Dambulla. Spend night in Kandy. Is it doable to get from Nilaveli - Dambulla - Kandy in a day?
Day 08: Explore Kandy, and in the evening catch train to tree country. Is there a train in the evening?
Day 09 and 10: Explore tree country. Have to figure out which places to go to - Nuwara Eliya, Adam’s Peak/ Horton Plains National Park, Hatton-Dikoya and Maskeliya, Ella. Need help to figure how to spend our 2 days across these 5 towns. Which ones to skip? We are interested in doing the famed Adam's Peak trek.
Day 11: Back to Colombo to catch flight
Waiting eagerly to hear your opinions! Btw, I need to restrict it to 10 days!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Be Extra Careful Before Choosing A Dry Skin Face Cream
- 2 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 3 Are you looking Jobs Recruiters?
- 4 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 5 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 6 waterproof coating should be evenly brushing
- 7 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 8 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 9 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 10 Recommendation for places between Langkawi and Bali
- 11 Swiss wood flooring
- 12 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 13 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 14 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 15 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 16 circular sawmill blades for sale
- 17 laminate flooring must be rational
- 18 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 19 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 20 procedures can guarantee
- 21 especially as the floor
- 22 Body Building - 10 Tips At A Better Body
- 23 How Generate Muscle Or Should I Be Strength Training?
- 24 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??